Blunt

"Hey," Keith found shiro on top of the cliff just before the sun was coming of, taking the nightly watch to get some space and air, he could tell shiro was grieving from the news earlier during the day.

"Oh hey, did the mfe pilots go back before dusk?" Shiro looked up at him but Keith sat next to him on the ground.

"Yea," he nodded and stayed quiet, Keith knew his brother better than to ask if he was okay.

He missed Adam too, he looked after Keith even after shiro went missing and after he w kicked out...

"Remember when you tried to teach me how to cook and gave Adam and I food poisoning?" Keith looked across the desert. Shiro gulped a little bit smiled.

"He didn't let me near the kitchen for almost six month," he smiled clenching his fist.

"We've lost a lot of people, but I'm glad I still have you... I miss Adam a lot, but I don't know what I would do if I lost both of you," Keith told him softly and shiro bit his lip.

"I think by now we figured out I'm not going anywhere," shiro smiled again him.

"I just... I never got to say good bye to him, we fought last time I saw him and-and I wanted to make it up, I wanted to try again and apologize to him for everything, but now... I'm so so sorry Adam," shiro covered his eyes with his one hand as keith looked at his brother sadly.

Keith leaned against him a little but kept his hands in his lap. Shiro allowed him and felt Keith rest his head on his shoulder, he wasn't a man to comfort but it meant more than Keith knew to him.

"He knew, he knew you were sorry, he forgave you takashi," Keith whispered leaning against his shoulder looking down.

They sat in silence as they watched the sunrise together. Shiro looked to the side and saw lance stretching on the dirt as he looked like he was getting ready. Soon enough he took off in a jog heading towards a lonely bush farther in the desert.

"I'm worried about lance," shiro told keith gently.

"What about lance?"

"He's off it feels like..."

"It's lance, you shouldn't be worried," keith quirked a brow watching lance run below them.

"Have you noticed how he's been different? I know I was gone for a while but since when does lance get up at dawn?" Shiro nodded towards lance in the distance as keith thought about it for a moment.

"We've all changed in a way or so, don't worry lance is still as obnoxious as the day we met him," Keith chuckled shaking his head.

"Well he kind of came out as bi the other night I think," shiro sighed thinking about it. There was something off with lance lately but he couldn't figure out what.

"You think he's Bisexual? Since when?" Keith looked at him confused but pink dusted his cheeks a little.

"He wouldn't tell me much but I can tell," shiro smirked to himself.

"I doubt he's actually into guys, it's lance, the same lance that flirted with anything with legs and long hair, literally went after Allura as soon as he met her," Keith groaned rolling his eyes.

"He doesn't anymore though," shiro told him softly.

"Finally he got the hint not everyone is interested in his flirts," he huffed rolling his eyes.

"Keith I didn't make you leader just to blow off a teammate when they aren't themselves, if you want lance to stop being himself and become a obedient soldier your in the right direction," shiro snapped at him in a low tone making Keith stiffen a little.

"I haven't seen him laugh as much until the mfe pilots came around," he gulped a little and Keith looked down.

"He's just growing up, you were gone for a long time," Keith whispered but not fully believing himself even. Lance has changed but Pidge and hunk have been the same almost, Allura too... lance trained more when they were back at the Castle. But Keith was gone too... he left them for a while, did he miss something that shiro was the only one that could see it?

"Keep telling yourself that," shiro shook his head disappointed.

Lance made his way back to the cave as he didn't realize he ran longer than he meant too seeing that the mfe pilots and his team were out. He slowed down catching his breath as he waved at them with smile.

"When did you leave?" Pidge yawned as everyone was eating their breakfast bars still.

"A little after dawn, couldn't sleep," lance smiled as hunk handed him a water. "Missed running apparently, felt nice,"

"Running willingly is for psychopaths, enjoying it is another level," she told him flatly and lance shrugged.

"To much energy pent up," he said simply.

"When you come to garrisons I can show you where I take my morning runs," kinkade told him softly and lance smiled at him nodding.

"That'd awesome, id like that a lot," lance looked up at him as kinkade nodded a little shy.

Shiro watched the two talk as he could see the smile lance held was real, like when he met the Cuban when he was still a cadet, he was laughing, ever since he got back he just hasn't laughed like that it felt like... till he made a new friend.

The way the two acted reminded shiro of himself when he and Adam first met. He swallowed a lump in his throat picturing his fiancé and him like if Adam was with him here now... if he was alive would he have had come to the hide out? Or would it be like with everyone else's families.
Keith noticed shiros stare at the two as he rolled his eyes a little.

"Why are you being creepy?" Pidge stood next to Keith but startled him as he didn't even notice her.

"I-I'm not, shiro and I were talking about lance earlier and I'm just figuring out some stuff," Keith crossed his arms huffing a little.

"Like what?" She raised a brow.

"If he's bisexual or not," Keith blushed a little with a frown.

"Aren't you gay?" Pidge made a face.

"Yea but it's not me," he glared down at the brunette. "I think lance has a crush on kinkade,"

"Is kinkade gay?" She asked again not knowing where this was going.

"I don't know?" Keith scoffed at her.

"Hey kinkade!" Pidge waved walking over before Keith could stop her.

"Yes?" He blinked confused as lance turned to her softly.

"Are you gay?" She asked calmly. Lance covered his mouth hiding his shriek of horror.

"Yes, why?" Kinkade nodded as lance burned red a little with wide eyes full of shock. No one expected him to be so blunt about it, not even his own team.

"Cool, I'm ace, I just had a feeling," Pidge smiled walking away as she left the two with lance completely embarrassed. While the others around them seemed just as surprised.

"Lance stands a chance at least," she winked at keith.