Nothing changes

"Alright so keep your eyes up, you always look down when your fighting," Ryan commented to his boyfriend as they practiced together the next day.

"What about the kicks then?" Lance raised a brow.

"Staying on your toes to move faster but it's only going to be one foot at a time, your agile lance, your faster than you think, just think ahead," Ryan nodded as they took a few steps back to try again.

Ryan threw the first attack as he went to swing, lance remembered a trick that Keith used on him, he ducked grabbing the arm that Ryan used to swing, he pulled him down and brought his knee up that was suppose to slam into his face but lance stopped quickly.

"You focus on to much above, feel free to peak down at where the opponents going," lance smirked helping Ryan steady again.

"Shouldve went through with that, would've been a good attack," Ryan grinned a little with pride.

"Keith used it on me and almost broke my nose, after that I tripped when he did it again and I threw up when he kicked my stomach," lance stuck his tongue out with his hands on his hips.

"Your strong but that'll only get you so far," he hummed.

"Jesus you two! The flirting is hurting me at this point!" Rizavi groaned as she and Griffin walked in to train together.

"Who said we were flirting?!" Lance squeaked as heat crawled up his face.

"Please, the lovey dovey looks on your faces says enough," James waved them off as the two went to go grab practice handguns.

"Stop they're so cute, I've never seen kinkade so happy," Rizavi hissed over at her captain. Lance blushed with happiness spreading through him.

"You guys are dating now right?" She looked at them curiously.

"I uh..." Ryan looked at lance not sure how to explain it.

"Yea, just keeping it very down low, I never came out to anyone so they all think I'm straight ish," lance nodded rubbing the back of his neck.

"Thought so, it's all good, secret relationship safe with us and Ida," James gave a thumbs up before they went to go practice shooting.

"So did you tell Veronica that your bi?" Ryan asked quietly.

"I haven't had the chance," lance sighed hugging his chest.

Lance bounced his leg a little as he thought about telling everyone eventually, he knows things will change, not everyone is as accepting as Ryan's team. He knows his team will probably but something in his gut felt nauseating at telling them, like they'll just shrug and say okay. Like they didn't care, which would be great but at the same time he just wanted them to care and maybe give some praise for it. It was a big deal to just not care about. To him at least.

"I'm not great at the whole boyfriend thing I know, day one and all, but what's on your mind?" Ryan noticed his silence.

"Oh nothing, sorry," lance laughed it off.

"Hey," he stepped closer concerned.

"One thing changed with us, after a bunch of other things happened and nothing changed, we're still the same," he said gently as lance looked down nodding.

"Is there something bothering you?" Ryan raised a brow.

"I don't want to tell my team," lance frowned.

"Nothing that's against you, but I don't get why I'll have to sit them down and tell them I'm into guys and in a relationship with one, they won't care anyways if I even can get them to listen to me, it's something that means a lot to me and they're just, they literally won't care or just say whatever," he scoffed rolling his eyes.

"They don't deserve to have me come out to them, I kind of just want to just see if they even notice in the first place," lance bit his lip crossing his arms tighter.

"Do it," Ryan tilted his head to the side.

"Really?" Lance was surprised.

"We'll keep doing what we're doing and if they ask then you can give any answer you want, but if they don't ask then don't say anything, it's your choice," Ryan put both hands on lances shoulders as he stared down at him with a kind smile.

"Would you be okay with that?" Lance asked.

"Do I seem like a high maintenance guy? I'm not big on pda anyways, I like how we are, I don't want much to change," he said quietly.

"No pda? Like if I kissed you now you wouldn't like it?" Lance smirked leaning forward. "Or does that go with not much changing?"

"I never said that," Ryan chuckled not pushing him away.

"Good to know," lance wrapped his arms around his neck as they smiled. This was new, it was fun, made them feel young like high schoolers, but awkward trying to find boundaries, seeing if there was a line to not cross to soon.

"Can I kiss you again?" Ryan whispered.

"You don't even have to ask," lance laughed a little.

"What if I like asking?" He chuckled then he pecked his lips as lance laughed into the kiss, pulling each other closer as they closed their eyes.

"Ask away then," lance mumbled against him before pressing his lips to him.

"Are you sure you've never kissed anyone before? You're pretty good at it," he sighed a little with a smile.

"Someone's going to catch us," Ryan hummed as he pulled lances waist against his.

Lance didn't care as he kissed him again slowly.

"So how far do you wanna go with pda?" Lance teased.

"Lance~" Ryan whined a little as a bigger smile stretched on lances face looking into his eyes. He's never heard that sound, he was obsessed to hear it again.

"Your room is empty now," lance whispered and they burst into laughter backing off of another. Lance grabbed his hand and they intertwined fingers. God he wanted to run out of here with him just like this with no worries of who's going to see.

"We haven't really had a moment alone to just... be with each other except for practice and in hallways," Ryan pulled him back as he rubbed lances hand gently.

"So just to kind of hang out?" He tilted his head to the side.

"Would that be okay? Like nothings changed?" The taller pilot whispered kissing his knuckles.

"I've always liked just hanging out with you, nothings going to change that," lance grinned and pulled him away by the hang.