Self

Two figures ran into a closet and as soon as they closed the door one was slammed against the door as they slammed their lips together.

"What a stupid dare," lance whispered as he pulled the boy in a deep kiss as he was pressed against the closed door.

"It's so fucking stupid, kissing a guy?" The boy smiled as he held lances waist close and lance kissed him heatedly, pulling him closer by the front of his shirt.

"So stupid," lance gasped again as he wanted more. They immediately stopped hearing voices and footsteps behind the door as they hid in the closet.

"Fuck Shh, they're going to hear," the boy chuckled as lance kissed his jaw and his neck.

"Laaaance," he whined.

"Shh, I can hear commander iverson and mr.Wyatt," lance smiled covering the boys mouth.

"I never thought you'd be into me mcclain, what happen to being a lady's man?" He chuckled as lance kissed his neck again.

"Call it teen rebellion, no parents for once," lance breathed.

"I don't mind being a part of that rebellion, parents don't know you like boys too?" The other cadet tilted his head back.

"They'd kill me if they found out, call me slurs and disown me, happen to my big sister, what can I say? I really don't care right now," lance pushed the taller boy back so he was now on top.

"How bout it nick?" He licked his lips looking at him intrigued.

"Absolutely," the other boy laughed kissing him again. "Love first day of garrisons,"

Lance sat in his bunk with his hood over his head and his knees close to his chest. He kept his neckline of the hoodie over his nose and his eyes down.

He couldn't be bi, he had a boyfriend but if his parents ever found out they'd... he'd lose them.

Tears weld up in his eyes at the thought. His mother's smile would turn into disgust and hate and his father would spit something horrible to say, he didn't want to lose them, he just wanted his family back and no more war.

"Fuck, nick why did you do the stupid dare?" He covered his eyes trying to push the tears back in.

There was a knock at the door.

"Lance?"

Ryan.

"Come in," lance called back without hesitation.

The pilot walked in and saw the Paladin on the bottom bunk. He sat on the ground and leaned against the bed as lance watched quietly.

"I think I might just break griffins jaw," Ryan said slowly with a nod.

"Why?" Lance shuffled a little.

"Not sure, any good reasons?" He looked up at him curiously. Lance smiled a little but nodded.

"It wasn't him that made me upset, it's me," lance sighed laying down.

"Do you know what bisexuality is?" He whispered in a little bit of shame.

"Yea," Ryan nodded quietly.

Lance was silent. He didn't say anything after, he looked away keeping his eyes down. He never liked labels, they were to stressful and what if he decided he didn't like boys anymore, there was no going back. He couldn't just stick with that, he hated labels.

"I just wished my stupid parents weren't so... I just, I don't get why what you like and what you don't like matters? It's a person, it shouldn't matter," lance pulled his hood tighter around him.

"Personally, I've never really found girls attractive, yes pretty and kind but I wouldn't put myself in a relationship with one, I just didn't date because I thought I didn't have any other choice," Ryan rested his arms on the bed as he closed his eyes a little.

"How did you come out gay then?" Lance asked softly.

"My mom sat my down and asked why I didn't want to go on a date with any of the girls that asked me out, not to scold me just out of curiosity, I told her, she asked if I liked the boys instead, I didn't answer at first but at the dinner table next day I told her I liked boys," he smiled a little up at the Paladin.

"Were your parents upset?" The Cuban gulped.

"Not at all, nothing changed, we talked the same, we walked the same, woke up the same, the sun still rose and the day continued, I was able to talk to them more about my future, in general but not so scared to say the wrong thing," he explained slowly as lance listened carefully.

"Veronica came out gay a year before I started at the garrisons," lance mumbled looking down.

"My parents hate her, think she's disgusting,"

Ryan's heart dropped as lance voice shook.

"I thought I was just a dumb teenager," his voice cracked. "I thought it was normal to think like that but then there was this stupid dare,"

Lance covered his mouth to try stopping himself from breaking down.

"Everything was great when I got here, I kissed a boy and no one cared, I wasn't scared what people thought, then Veronica brought a girlfriend home and I've never seen my dad cry and how horrified my mom was," he hiccuped a little when his throat burned and tears began falling down his face.

"If I told them I would never see my family again, I'd be left behind again, and again, I thought these feelings would've gone away, I didn't do anything, I tried so hard to stop feeling like this, I always try and everything just stays the same," he sobbed into his hands as Ryan watched sadly.

"I hate it, I just wanted people to like me," lance cried into his hoodie.

"Hey, take a deep breath, you need to just breathe okay? Let's talk," Ryan scooted to sit on the bed with him.

"Bout what? I'm a dumb ass that can't even pick what gender he likes," lance scoffed with tears dripping down his face.

"You don't have too, it's okay to like both, a lot of people do," Ryan touched his hand gently and lance squeezed it back.

"But my parents-" "fuck them, they should except you as you are, you shouldn't feel guilty for being you," he cut the Paladin off as he grasped his slim hand back with both of his.

"Start doing things how you want lance, your always going to be held back if you rely on everyone else's opinions," Ryan said in a stern tone.

"You don't need your parents, Alluras, veronicas, keiths, Shiro, hunk or pidges, or even my opinions, in the end we all die, do what you want mcclain,"

That at least got lance to stop crying, he stared at Ryan thinking about it, it sounded so easy.

"Do you need me to get you anything, I'll let you have a moment-" "can I have a hug?" Lance sniffled a little.

"Of course," Ryan smiled reaching to pull him in as lance buried his face into his chest being as close as he could.

"You are amazing Ryan, I don't think I could've done this without you here," Lance closed his eyes feeling comfortable as Ryan pulled him closer.

"You think?" He mumbled surprised. Ryan never thought he'd impact someone so much, but he was grateful he could.