Soon

Lance sat on top of the hood of the garrison vehicle as Kinkade was taking pictures of the sky and the views around them.

"So if your a paladin of voltron, why are you all the way out here?" Kinkade asked looking through some of his pictures.

"I don't know how much I'm suppose to say," lance chuckled nervously.

"I'll tell you all that I know," he smirked and lance laughed.

"Ok, then tell me about Veronica," lance said smiling and kinkade raised an eye brow.

"Veronica McClain?" He asked.

"How is she?" Lance asked softly.

Kinkade looked at lance for a moment and connected the dots and nodded. "She's good at her job, helped us recently, she's brave,"

Lance smiled nodding.

"She seems a lot like her brother, possibly a family trait," kinkade shrugged and lance looked at him and laughed a little at him.

"So your the brother she lost a couple years ago?" Kinkade asked now. "Becoming a paladin of voltron, how does that even happen?"

"Accidentally found the blue lion, fought a galra cruiser, accidentally found Altea and Allura and kinda went off from there," Lance smirked back as kinkade didn't laugh but he was surely amused.

"Accidentally?" Kinkade asked smiling.

"Everything happens for a reason," lance leaned his chest forward against his legs while his knees where pulled close.

Kinkade gazed at lance as he seemed calm and relaxed. Lance explained how his team has been hiding for about a week now and it's only been them, no one else, told him how the galra can't know they're on earth, they don't have the lions. Lance trusted him to easily but kinkade didn't mind a new person to talk to either, even if he wasn't to talkative himself.

Kinkade raised the camera and snapped a picture of lance and lance looked at him now hearing the camera.

"Did you take a picture of me?" Lance snorted. Kinkade walked over and showed lance the picture, his legs to his chest as his eyes where focused on the sky, totally relaxed but the moon brought out amazing features of lances face, blending with his dark hair. With the desert in the background and the sky still going miles along behind him.

"It actually looks good," lance gasped amazed by the photo as kinkade smirked.

"It seemed like it would be a good shot," kinkade nodded calmly. "Hope you don't mind,"

"No no, it's so cool," lance smiled brightly.

"Hey, thanks for being not totally battle crazed galra," lance jumped down from the hood of the car.

"I could say the feelings mutual," kinkade smiled back.

"It was nice talking to someone else," Lance huffed a little as he looked back at the cliff he was suppose to be at. The sun wouldn't come up for another two or so hours.

"Will I see you again?"

Lance looked at kinkade surprised as the darker man seemed completely sincere, the Cuban smiled and shrugged.

"I hope so, you seem pretty cool," Lance hummed.

"Is your car going to be okay?" He asked remembering it broke down.

"It'll be fine, I fixed it before I hit my head on the hood," kinkade patted the car as he opened the door to put the camera inside.

"I could let Veronica know your okay and here," His olive eyes gazed over at lance as he stood there with his hands behind his back and rocked on his heels a little.

"No, no not yet," lance sighed.

"Your family is okay too, Veronica found them, they're all alive and okay at the garrisons," kinkade let him know and lance froze with wide eyes.

"T-they are?" He asked as tears started to form.

"They are," kinkade smiled. He saw a tear run down lances face and immediately got concerned but lance wiped it away as soon as it came.

"I didn't mean to upset you, I-" "it's okay, I'm not upset," Lance gulped smiling again.

"I just miss them so much, I never knew if they really were okay, I only had to hope they were, thank you," lance used his palm to wipe away the happy tears.

"Of course," kinkade Let out a breath of relief.

"I hope to see you again, paladin of voltron," kinkade teased a little hoping in the car.

"You too, kinkade," lance waved as he watched the pilot drive away and felt cosmos touch his hand with his nose curious of the human.

"Yea we should head back buddy," lance scratched his ear smirking as he felt better about everything, he made a friend, he knew his family was truly safe, he's going to see them again soon. He couldn't stop smiling.

Kinkade was a good man, lance hoped to see him again soon, it was nice for someone to just listen to him, to have a nice conversation.

Kinkade was nice.

And lance appreciated someone nice like that, they seemed more rare by the day.