Change

As a week went by, Keith already got some extra supplies when he went solo for going back to his home, everyone was getting concerned for their team leader but shiro let him be, they all were on edge but slowly getting use to it.

Samuel holt sent them a drone with more food that'll last for the month while he get the garrison taking their advantage of the paladins being a secret weapon. Such as, only one person at the garrisons knew this secret...

"I spy with my little eyes, something red," lance smirked as he sat with pidge and hunk.

"Is it Keith again?" Hunk raised an eye brow and the paladin from the side looked over annoyed.

"I'm not a thing!" Keith called.

"Yea but it's so much fun to spy on with you," lance laid on his back.

"I can't do this anymore," Keith got to his feet.

"Keith," shiro warned.

"It was better when we were all in our separate lions, not stuck in some cave," Keith waved his hands a little walking away.

"We were all in the castle, in the middle of space, alone, for months, and you can't handle a cave?" Pidge stated flatly as romelle was playing with her hair confused.

"The castle has walls," Keith said anxiously.

"Keith are you claustrophobic?" Lance asked concerned.

"No," he defended. Keith was silent for a while crossing his arms.

"I don't like being underground for a long period of time, is that so bad?" His eye brow twitched in annoyance.

"Like taphephobia?" Pidge perked up.

"No," Keith sat back down tapping his foot.

"Let's just try to keep calm," Allura nodded at them.

"Princess is right, as long as we stay calm we will be fine," coran smiled as keith glanced at him.

"Get some sleep buddy, you haven't been on your A game, I'll take the night shift tonight," lance patted his shoulder walking past Keith as the shorter paladin looked at him.

"You sure?" Keith asked.

"Yea of course, I could use some fresh air when your not hogging it all," lance teased as cosmo ran over happy to go outside every night and teleported the paladin away from the others.

Keith sighed relaxing as he didn't look around to much and grabbed his red jacket, it didn't fit as well anymore but he still used it as a pillow as he sectioned himself off from the others to get some shut eye finally.

———

Lance walked around the top of the cliff as cosmo followed him over, waiting for lance to situate himself, sitting with Bayard in hand as he looked over the cliff.

"Is this what keith sees every night?" Lance smiled a little looking over the desert as it was a cool night, but the stars where bright while the moon was only a crescent. It was weird knowing there's more beyond that moon, being past the moon.

"So you and me tonight buddy huh?" He looked at the space wolf as cosmos laid next to him with a grumble laying his head down. Lance gently stroked behind his ear smiling.

"I wish I had a dog, my older siblings ruined it for me, they let our first dog run away when I was four, I didn't know what the hell happened, and the second one my sister Veronica and brother Luis stole basically from the park, only had him for a week, mama said no more dogs until we learn how to properly treat an animal," lance chuckled leaning back a little as he could see the garrisons miles out, orange force field.

"We stopped trying until one by one we all moved out, but your a good boy cosmos, Keith's lucky he got a bad ass pet," he smirked as cosmos laid his head in his lap and leaned into his scratches.

"Just you and me tonight buddy," lance sighed as he relaxed a little looking over the land, as in the distance he can see the city, some buildings weren't there anymore, crumbled, no lights, nothing was alive there anymore.

It squeezed his heart a little. This once was his home, earth, lance wondered what his home, the house he grew up in, what it was now, was it still standing? Did he have a home to go back too?

That night lance only had himself to really talk to. Cosmos was only a listener, not much more than that. He thought about more deep things for only him to hear, despite cosmos is a dog... it just felt like he didn't need to really say it out loud, cause if he did it meant it was a confession.

The battle with Lotor still haunted him. The prince was dead, Zarkon was dead, Hagar and sendek was still alive for them to face. But Lotor seemed like a different evil or a different... person. He trusted them as they trusted him, was it a real betrayal?

Of course it was! He was killing alteans!

But did he deserve to die...

Could they have saved him?

Lance let out a soft breath trying to get rid of the guilt. He couldn't go to the others with the gut retching feeling, not when they all would disagree. Allura would yell at him. But lance felt that he's matured, a lot, at least compared to when he first found blue with the others. Since the last time they've been to this cave.

Maybe Allura would give him a chance.. 

Lance smiled to himself thinking about how great it would be to be with Allura, she's been the best thing that's happened to him ever since he left his home. She hated Lotor just as much as he did, she hugged him even after his betrayal! Maybe she's realized how much he's grown up too.

Blush softly spread across lances face as he looked across the night sky.

The world really was changed, but so was he.