Moving forward

"It's been over a month!"

"There's been no progress and there's still a war! Why the hell are we not out and helping?! So what if the galra know that we're here! We can help!" Keith yelled as his pent up rage got to the best of him. He couldn't keep doing this.

Sam stood in the middle of the cave as he and shiro waited for the Paladins to stop yelling as hunk, lance and Coran sat on the side eating breakfast as everyone was getting anxious or annoyed, mostly annoyed by now.

"We have to do something, this is ridiculous," romelle scoffed as hunk and lance gave each other a look.

"Not like she held any value in the first place," lance mumbled to hunk as he took a bite of the rice they made.

"She's getting on my nerves, all she does is complain," hunk agreed and lance smirked a little. It took a lot to get on hunks nerves, such as complaining like a certain blond won't stop doing.

"Will everyone calm down and sit?!" Shiro finally snapped making everyone go silent.

"Oooooo," lance and hunk sat on the sideline as Coran covered his mouth trying not to laugh.

"I know this has been a difficult month for all of us, and I am very proud of all of your patients and how far we've gotten with the circumstances.." shiro inhaled deeply as the others backed off a little with Sam having his hand over pidges shoulder.

"But I swear to fucking god if someone threatens Sam or anyone else in this cave I'm sending you out to train against keith for a week," he growled as everyone froze a little, Keith thought about it for a moment and nodded agreeing.

They knew he was ready to take any of them down. There will be blood.

"What if it's keith that threatens?" Allura raised her hand.

"Then he's training against me for a week," he narrowed his eyes.

"So were not sacrificing Romelle yet?" Lance whispered to the two as hunk and Coran snickered.

"Do you have something to say?" Romelle heard her name and looked at them glaring.

"Mmm Nope," Lance whistled innocently.

"Anyways, so what exactly are we suppose to do? Keith had a good point, we can't just sit here and do nothing with our thumbs up our asses," Pidge spoke up curiously as they looked at her.

"I've been thinking for this for a while, instead of putting You all with the refugees at the garrisons I am sending some of the best officers here with equipment, the MFE pilots, they've been the most experienced with the alien technology," Sam told them and lance perked up.

Kinkades coming here?

"What the fuck are MFE pilots?" Keith made a face.

"They are highly trained cadets that graduated at the top of their class, James griffin, Ina Leifsdottir, Nadia Rizavi, and Ryan kinkade, very skilled pilots and soldiers," Sam told them calmly and lance felt his heart skip a beat and heat rise to his face. He was coming...

"Ugh Griffin? He was so mean," hunk groaned.

"W-what about my sister?" Lance scrambled to his feet as shiro and Sam looked at him.

"I'm sorry but Veronica will not be joining, her being your sister we can't risk it," Sam nodded and lance pursed his lips.

"Ha trust me Ron is great at keeping secrets, better than Rachel but-" "Lance no,"

Lance gulped a little and nodded softly understanding, he quietly apologized and stood back to let them continue talking about the plan.

"So why would the MFE pilots come to us anyways? What are they gonna do?" Allura asked crossing her arms.

"I think it'd be great for you all to collaborate with the different styles due to you being out in the galaxy during the war and what they have with being on earth for the war, the best and the best together could be great, and to build trust," Sam beamed happily and no one seemed sure.

"Do they know..?" Keith asked making a face.

"Voltron is what?!" Rizavi cried out as Sam had the four cadets in their room to give them news.

"They're alive and well and on this earth, you all are gonna join them," Sam pinched the bridge of his nose as griffins jaw dropped, kinkade and Leifsdottir kept a straight face. But kinkade was surprised a little, yet excited.

"Tomorrow your going to go to their hide out to join together, I think it'll be for the best, you all will be a good team," Sam elaborated as they nodded.

"But no one else can know that voltron is back, no officers, no refugees, we five are the only ones that know," he narrowed his eyes at the young adults.

"Like literally? Only five people know and they're all in this room?" Rizavi asked surprised.

"Yes, you must swear to say nothing about it until the time is right," Sam nodded as kinkade hid his smile a little.

"We swear," they all said.

"Good, tomorrow you'll be heading to them with me and stay with them until the sunsets, do you understand?" Sam asked seriously.

"Yes sir,"

Sam nodded again and walked out of the room as they all sat on their own bunk bed as they looked at each other.

"So who feels like an asshole now?" Rizavi smirked at griffin and he jumped a little.

"S-shut up!" He cried out.

"I can't believe they're really back, it's been three years," ida said softly as kinkade glanced at her.

"Anything could've happened out there, for all we know time is different outside of our galaxy," kinkade sighed leaning against the wall with his arms crossed.

"You seem pretty on board with this," griffin gave him a look.

"I'm ready to do whatever it takes to end this war, and we've been waiting for voltron for years, it's time to start moving forward," he looked at them seriously keeping his face calm.

"He's right, lets just get a good night of rest tonight and be ready for change tomorrow," ida nodded as she ran a hand through her short blond hair.