Communicate

"See, all better, sorry for scaring you before," Ryan finished bandaging lances hand up as Pidge and Keith finished cleaning the floor while hunk and Griffin cleaned the broken cup and threw it away.

"Just surprised me, I didn't think you could be loud," lance looked at his hand embarrassed for causing a scene.

"I guess, did you want a water or anything? I'll get a plastic cup," Ryan offered and lance burst out laughing at the joke.

"You're a jerk, yes I'd like a water," lance cackled pushing his boyfriend away.

"It's the only joke I'll make about it," Ryan kissed his head gently as he got up from the counter.

Pidge glanced at lance seeing him blushing with a soft smile, she basically could see lances eyes turning into hearts. She looked back at keith who also saw, they made eye contact and Keith shook his head at them.

"So You guys only been dating for a few weeks? How did that all happen?" Pidge smiled interested and avoided Keith smacking her arm.

"Uh just got talking I guess and we both had feelings?" Lance raised a brow. Ryan looked at him flatly knowing that's not how it happened completely.

"That's it? I mean like how did you know you both liked boys and stuff? Since we thought lance was straight and all," Keith snorted standing up from the floor.

"I was questioning myself for a while... I wasn't comfortable with being myself too but ryan helped me with accepting who I am, he's a great friend like that," lance smiled back at him.

"Friend?" Ryan huffed a little pout handing lance a glass of water.

"Yes, besties, roommates," lance stuck his tongue out.

"Fine fine, who kissed who?" Pidge waved them off.

"I kissed him first," Ryan nodded.

"Oh wow," they both were surprised.

"Your First kiss though," lance poked his shoulder.

"You got me there," he shrugged as lance sipped the water in victory.

"So is that why Allura is so pissy with you? Cause you've been giving kinkade your attention instead of her? She seems really upset that you don't like just girls," Pidge wiped her hands off. This surprised lance.

"She's pissed because I'm bi?" He asked.

"She's just been weird about it, she's the one that went running around telling us about you two, and to Veronica," Keith nodded remembering the other night when Allura was in shock with the news.

"Wait she's the one that told... she told my family?" Lance swallowed a lump in his throat.

"That's how Ron found out, huh.." he sighed looking down.

"Have you talked to your mother or anyone else?" Ryan asked concerned.

"No, Veronica said not to go by them right now, at least my parents, i don't know what they'll do," lance covered his forehead stressfully.

"What's the worst that can happen?" Keith snorted.

Lance stayed silent, he didn't want to answer. He knew the worst. He watched it when his mother screamed horrible things at his sister and his father was no better. He was terrified to interject hearing all the yelling and screaming. He hated fights like that and now it was his fault for the next one.

"I guess getting kicked out and not seeing my parents again, they call me some names and tell me I'm a disappointment, I mean I probably will still have my siblings at least," lance let out a long sigh looking at Ryan who pursed his lips.

"I can go with you if you'd like? Or they come here and we can make dinner, it's just like any other relationship," Ryan offered softly. Lance smiled at the kindness.

"I don't want you hearing that kind of stuff from them, it's better alone, I already am preparing myself for them," he shrugged as the two Paladins felt guilty. They were part of the community and their families accepted them, Shiro easily did. The holts were open minded about their children and just wanted them to be happy.

"Is there anything we can do to make it easier? Or help with it? We can get Shiro and hunk too, all of us can come with maybe?" Keith asked with sympathy in his eyes as he walked over to the couple.

"I don't know, I'm avoiding them for now," lance smiled back sadly.

"You can't avoid them forever," Keith pursed his lips.

"When the time comes, I just can't handle it right now," lance rubbed his neck anxiously.

"I've wanted to come back home for so long, I don't want my parents hating me," he whispered.

"Everyone will support you no matter what, I'll always support you darling," Ryan touched his knee and gave him a firm squeeze. Lance smiled at him, if Ryan said he'd be okay, lance would believe him.

"Thank you Amor, thank you guys for being understanding, I never had to go through something like this," lance held Ryan's hand back as he looked at him team members.

"It's scary, but it'll be like ripping a bandaid off," Keith nodded slowly.

"Yea, I guess," lance smiled a little.

They fell into a soft chatter to keep the tension away, Lance even laughed with Keith and Pidge as they acted like they use too when they first joined voltron. Kinkade had a calm smile talking to Keith and hunk came back with Shiro and Rizavi. The room got louder and more positivity made the room brighter. They were all human, they just needed to communicate.