Try

The five Paladins and four pilots ran together from the truck that was half a mile away and back to the other truck as a morning training exercise. No one was happy.

"You guys got it, just don't think about it," lance jogged ahead of Pidge and hunk as both were wheezing after the third lap.

"This is a sport for whores!" Pidge rasped and collapsed to her knees as hunk stumbled to keep running.

"It's not that bad just keep up," Keith ran past them as he had his hair sticking to his neck.

"Will you at least put your hair up? For fucks sake man that's gotta be driving you crazy," lance ran back to him as hunk fell on his face and stayed there in the dirt.

"You know you lost half your team," griffin ran with them.

"Alluras right over-" Keith looked behind him and saw the princess on her back far away.

"You guys it hasn't even been two miles!" Keith yelled back at them.

"Then where's Rizavi?" Lance smirked at him and he ran ahead to go catch up with kinkade who was running alone.

"Hey stranger," lance caught up with him.

"Oh hey," kinkade snapped out of his thoughts and looked at him.

"Your not dying yet?" Lance smiled a little.

"I use to run a few miles with my dad in the morning," kinkade told him simply but they both were panting a little with sweat dripping down their faces.

"Why aren't you passed out like the others?" He smirked back at lance.

"Did cross country and soccer for a few years, you think I stayed this good of shape without dying?" Lance laughed a little but coughed into his hand.

"Did you do a lot of sports then?" Kinkade glanced over.

"Uh gymnastics from when I was like six to when I was fourteen, I've been doing soccer since I was twelve and did cross country after I stopped doing gymnastics," lance explained with a shrug. "You a sports guy?"

"Nope, I never liked any of those kinds of sports," he shook his head and lance rolled his eyes.

"So you were a nerd?" Lance teased.

"Yep, I liked reading and art," kinkade smiled with pride of it and lance giggled.

"Hey has anyone seen Leifsdottir?" James called up to them as the four boys stopped and looked around.

They saw the blond girl running back already as she was the farthest ahead.

"I'm going to make her laugh by the end of the week," lance panted putting his hands on his knees and smirked looking at her.

"Never seen her laugh, good luck," kinkade put his hands above his head to stretch and catch his breath.

"Look who's talking, You rarely laugh," James walked past them.

"Really?" Lance snorted wiping sweat off his face but flinched at his healing cut lip.

"Did I say you can stop?! Two more laps to go lazy bones!" Shiro called down to them as the boys jumped and went back to running.

"You know what I can't wait when we get to go to garrisons? A shower," Lance wheeze as he chugged a water after everyone was done with the exercise.

"A shower, fresh clothes, and a real bed," he smiled at his friend as everyone else was still dying.

"Haven't has that since the castle of lions," hunk chuckled as he sat on the ground with his water.