Sleepovers

"Looks like it's gonna get dark soon, lets head back cadets," Sam looked at the sky as everyone was training together but finished what they were doing before circling around the adults.

"I'll be having a meeting with the generals and other leaders tonight so I'll have an update for you all in the morning," he smiled brightly with his hands on his hips.

"So we might not be sleeping on dirt anymore?" Lance smiled raising his hand a little.

"Ehhh maybe, hopefully I'll know how much longer," he smiled awkwardly seeing the Paladin smiles fall.

"It's been two months Sam," Keith sighed shaking his head. "Two months since voltron has been back,"

"I know, I really am sorry that this seems..." he trailed off nervously.

"Unnecessary?" Hunk had his arms crossed.

"Dragging on for to long?" Keith nodded.

"Waste of time?" Pidge looked at her dad flatly.

"Yea," Sam nodded agreeing.

"I'll try getting you to garrisons by the end of the week, that'll be my goal," he smiled again and they looked at him shocked.

"A shower?" Lance gasped wide eyes.

"Hopefully soon," sam nodded again. "Come on lets head out,"

"Bye dad," Pidge hugged him real quick as the young adults got in the trucks and started them up.

But one of the trucks rattled and made a loud sound but didn't start up.

Kinkade sighed getting out of the truck as he opened the hood of the truck with griffin and Rizavi popping their heads out the windows curiously.

"What happened?" Lance asked as he was suddenly behind kinkade. It started the teen and he hit his head on the metal with a cry.

"Oooh Sorry, you okay?"  lance put his hands up and kinkade chuckled rubbing the spot. 

"I'm fine," he smiled at him to hide his pain.

"Shit, it looks like the engines busted, out of oil," kinkade looked in the engine as hunk walked over curiously.

"Yea, how does that happen?" Hunk looked at it confused with kinkade.

"I think there's a leak, the truck was fine the beginning of the week," he told them.

"Shit, do we just leave it?" Griffin asked getting out of the car.

"We can bring a tow tomorrow to take it back but I can stay to work on it," Kinkade sighed a little. "See if there's enough oil to get it moving?"

"You're staying behind?" Griffin asked confused.

"If that's okay with you captain?" Kinkade raised a brow at him as James noticed lance behind him watching curiously of the two.

"You shouldn't stay alone," Griffin sighed.

"I'll stay!" Griffin and Rizavi said at the same time but she was waving out the window.

"Cool, hes not alone now," Lance smirked a little as kinkade smiled at him.

"Ida you wanna stay too??" He called to the other car.

"Why?" She asked scrunching up her nose.

"Is this what you meant by a sleepover?" Romelle asked excitedly as lance laughed at her a little.

"Oh my god it is a sleepover!" Rizavi jumped out of the car.

"It's not a sleepover, kinkade just needs some time to fix the truck," griffin sighed annoyed.