Bed

Lance woke up in a bed in the middle of the night as he snuggled into the pillow more tiredly, he's never been more comfortable.

Wait- where was he?

Lance snapped his eyes open and saw he was in a dorm room, he didn't remember how he got here. He looked across the room and saw Ida and Rizavi sleeping, he looked on the floor seeing Ryan asleep with his back turned away so it pressed against the bottom of the bed.

He sat up blushing softly as he quietly got out of the bed and saw griffin sleeping on the top bunk above him.

"Kinkade," Lance crouched down next to him and poked his shoulder. Ryan opened his eyes slowly and rubbed his face tiredly seeing lance.

"Is everything okay?" He asked in a low voice and sat up as well.

"Everything's fine, why are you on the floor?" Lance smirked a little at him as Ryan wasn't fully awake yet.

"You were sleeping, griffin took my bed since bottom bunk was going to be easier," he explained as they sat on the floor.

"Could've woken me up, don't sleep on the floor," lance told him in a whisper so no one else woke up.

"I didn't want wake you up, also your a heavy sleeper," Ryan said quietly and lance helped him to his feet and let him sit on the bed.

"Sorry, how'd I get here then? Did you carry me?" He laughed softly but kinkade nodded a little embarrassed.

"I don't know where your room is.." he mumbled.

"Uh.. um neither do I," lance turned red now being the embarrassed one. It was their first night back and he forgot how to get to the room. He didn't know where kinkades room was to get to his own.

"You can stay here for the night, I don't mind the floor," kinkade told him softly.

"No no, we're switching, it's your bed," lance waved him off.

"You're the guest," ryan insisted.

"Stop it," lance pushed him a little bit heard griffin snore loudly. They both looked at each other and tried their bests not to burst out laughing at the snoring pilot.

"Just take the bed, you've been sleeping on the ground for months," kinkade went back to the ground as he had a pillow and blanket.

Lance yawned as he felt exhausted still but shook his head at him.

"Ryan please, I feel bad," he mumbled rubbing his eyes.

"I promise I'll be fine," Ryan smiled softly at him as he rested his hand on Lances knee.

He blushed and took his hand back as he gulped at the sound of his name coming from the Cubans lips. He was never called his first name in the garrisons until lance...

"Nooo..." Lance yawned again as he was already falling back asleep.

Ryan smiled and pushed lance back as the Paladin was sleeping again when he hit the pillow on the bed. He mumbled something in his sleep but kinkade shrugged it off going back to the ground. Suddenly lance gasped sitting up before ryan could go back to sleep.

"What?" Ryan looked at him confused.

"What if there's an attack?" Lance asked very awake again as he looked at the other boy.

"There won't," Ryan said calmly.

"What if we're invaded and I don't get there fast enough, I'm already slacking they'll be so mad-" Lance was cut off when Ryan crawled on the bed and covered his mouth.

"You need to go to sleep, you've been looking forward to sleeping in a bed, not dirt," Ryan smiled gently at him as he slowly took his hand back. Lance grabbed his hand and played with his fingers anxiously, kinkade didn't mind the touching seeing Lance was thinking about what to do.

Lance wasn't completely there it seemed like, dazed from it being the middle of the night and exhausted from never sleeping anymore, the stress didn't help. Ryan could see it, he gently pushed Lance down on his side and laid on his side as well to face him.

"Just go back to sleep Lance," Ryan whispered as Lance stared at him.

"Thank you for being nice," lance whispered back.

"I'm nice because I want too, because we're friends," Ryan told him quietly as lances eye lids got heavier and started to close.

"Yea till I annoy you too," Lance mumbled falling back asleep.

"You won't annoy me, I swear," he looked at his sadly almost, Lance thought he annoyed everyone, it was burnt into his brain by his own teammates, people he should be trusting his life with. He does too but they don't trust him with their lives, from being killed but brought to life, no one saying a damn thing to him about it, for it to be a secret....

Ryan brought his hand up to lances face to brush back a wavy lock that was against his forehead. Kinkade looked at his freckles to the little scars on lances face, he could even see the freckle on lances ear. It was fun to see where else he had freckles on his face, he wondered if he spent more time in the sun if they would pop out more...

Was this what a crush was? Yes he was attracted to men, always had been but Ryan's never had an issue with being just friends with them either, to share a bed with no awkwardness, never cared for changing in rooms with other boys. It's never bothered him, but he just didn't find women attractive in that way. But Lance...

Lance was everything he wasn't, he was loud and optimistic, bright and seeking adventure further in the universe, wanting to prove he could protect and fight and be strong. And he was. Ryan enjoyed listening to Lance talk, he never had a problem with it, hearing how proud Lance was of himself for the achievements. Ryan never could be like that, he was completely opposite it felt like. What if Lance didn't like him like that? What if Lance wasn't even attracted to men in the first place?

Ryan pursed his lips a little pulling his hand back. He needed to back off, he needed to stop without having an actual answer or he was going to look stupid. He was going to do something stupid.

He made sure Lance was back asleep before slipping on the ground to his own make shift bed, he'd be up first anyways but it didn't matter if anyone saw. He just needed to back off, give Lance space, he just got back to his family and they had a war to fight.

He couldn't be thinking like that now...

Why now?