Introduction

"Hey guys my dads back," Pidge perked up looking at her computer.

They were all interested in how today was gonna go, finally getting to see other people than everyone that's in the damned cave.

"Everyone stay respectful and calm, this is professional," shiro got up as they all were in their black suits but had some of the armor on their pants to keep their bayards on them as lance was the only one in his green jacket. They didn't worry about the rest.

Kosmo teleported them all two by two outside as everyone saw two garrison trucks driving out to them with dust following behind, the sun beating on them and they all were use to being out around noon, usually night time.

The two trucks came to a stop as Sam waved out the window and Pidge waved happily at her dad as Romelle and Coran were the last to join them with the space wolf.

Everyone got out of the trucks as everyone was side by side lining up with the other teach a few feet away.

"MFE this is voltron, voltron this is the MFE pilots," Sam smirked standing between them.

Lance bit his lip to hide his smile as kinkade walked up to them with a confident look.

"Ryan kinkade, pleasure to meet you," he held out his hand.

"Lance Mcclain, pleasures all mine, stranger," lance smiled back as they shook hands. Kinkade smiled more to hide his laugh.

"I never noticed how green your eyes really are, holy shit," lance gasped a little moving closer and pulled his hand closer as kinkade blushed softly as he also realized Lances eyes were brighter in the sunlight, like the ocean.

"Tha-thank You," he mumbled quietly and lance giggled a little finally letting go of his hand.

They all introduced themselves to each other as Rizavi was very interested with them all due to the difference in their technology while griffin and Keith kept sending each other looks.

"Nice to see you again James," lance beamed brightly holding out his hand to the captain as he was in front of keith.

"Yea you too Mcclain," he rolled his eyes not shaking his hand.

"Its been a while man," lance put his hands behind his back and rocked on his heels. Kinkade was with Rizavi as she was excitedly chatting with Pidge but he watched the two, seeing lance was happy to talk to other people but seemed like griffin had a grudge with him. He crossed his arms over his chest observing seeing James wasn't to happy that lance was talking to him.

"Don't think we're friends because of this, you don't even look like you've changed," James sent him a small glare. "You still look like a child in his sisters shadow,"

"Ha.. trust me I think I have a little at least, I did it all without any of them," lance shrugged softly not letting his words get to him.

"You're still a cargo pilot, don't think that just because your a paladin you're better," jame narrowed his eyes at him as lance felt his heart sink a little.

"Is there a problem?" Kinkade asked gently walking over.

"Nope, just saying hi," lance smiled back at him.

"So like where your guys weapons? Leave them behind?" James cut in as hes never seen kinkade really speak up so fast for a stranger.

"No right here," lance put his hand by his thigh where his armor was and his bayard was in his hand immediately.

"Whoa that's different, how does it do that?" Kinkade asked curiously, hes only seen lance transform the bayard to a blaster.

"Not completely sure, it's altean technology from the first Paladins, the bayard itself morphs into a weapon that suits your personality the best," lance explained happily to him as kinkade held it curiously.

"Does it only do one weapon?" He asked again.

"i think it upgrades to your level, I have a blaster, a rifle and a sword," lance nodded as he turned it into the rifle and showed him smiling.

"Wait three? Your actually pretty skilled Mcclain," kinkade smiled interested as Allura and Keith glanced over at them confused.

"Did they know each other before the war?" Allura asked keith curiously.

"I don't think so," Keith had his arms crossed just as confused as lance covered his mouth laughing as kinkade held the rifle but gasped surprised when it turned back to the bayard.

"I've only been able to turn it to a sword once though, I don't think I can again," lance explained as kinkade gave him his bayard back.

"Why not? Your skilled enough," kinkade smirked at him.

"It was under pressure and I was sooo stressed at the time," lance waved him off.

"I've never seen his talk this much," jame whispered to Keith as he stood with the two almost afraid. "I think kinkade a clone,"

"I wouldn't be surprised," Keith cocked his head to the side watching them.

"So how long are you guys gonna be out here?" Lance asked him as everyone was getting more comfortable with each other but almost everyone noticed their interaction.

"Samuel said we'll be here till sunset," kinkade told him.

"Wow not sunrise for once?" Lance teased in a whispered as Ryan laughed lightly.

"So does this mean no sneaking out anymore?" He hummed up as kinkade was slightly taller than him, almost two or three inches taller.

"Maybe once in a while, I like the night better," kinkade nudged him as lance laughed.

"Oooo edgy," he teased.

"Come on you two, we gotta get going," shiro called over to them and lance looked at his leader then back at kinkade.

"Should we tell them we know each other?" Lance whispered as they walked together to the group.

"Uh, maybe, I don't want you to get in trouble," kinkade nodded as lance walked with his arms behind his back.

"It was worth it if I do," lance shrugged and Ryan looked ahead with a small smile and light blush.

He liked being around lance a lot... it made him feel happier, like Lances smile was contagious and his joy was pouring into him. Just made him feel a little better about missing home and his family and old life. He hoped he did the same for the Paladin.