Sunrise

Kinkade felt his head pounding as he was gaining consciousness with the sun in his eyes and a log under his head like a pillow. He inhaled deeply tasting something bitter in his mouth and weight over his body. He forced his olive eyes open as the sun was rising in the distance and the fire was just red embers now. Everyone passed out around him but he froze.

Lance was laying against him as they all were in only body suits now, no armor, no padding. He watched lance sleeping with his head on his chest, over his heart, one of his arms were wrapped around kinkades chest as well with his other arm tucked against them both, one of his long legs also tangled itself with kinkades leg. He looked so comfortable as he slept soundlessly against him, curled up against his warmth.

Ryan gulped as he felt heat crawl up his face as he's never had someone sleep against him. No ones ever curled against him and held him close like he was the reason for their comfort. Kinkade breathed softly not wanting to wake lance, one of his arms was holding lance close as well around his lower back. He looked exhausted. Kinkade would hate for him to wake up from his peaceful sleep.

He didn't remember much of the night before, he remember they got on their feet and moved around, lots of laughter, he remember holding onto something the whole time. He held onto lance... he remember holding Lances hand the whole time as lance laughed when he spun him. They danced? It was fuzzy in his head of what they all talked about but he knew he laughed a lot too, he smiled more with the others.

"Morning," lance mumbled shuffling against him. His eyes weren't open.

"Did I wake you?" Kinkade asked quietly as lance sat up yawning a little. He rubbed his eyes shaking his head.

"The suns not even up?" Lance blinked they sleep out of his blue eyes.

"Nope," kinkade scooted himself up as they sat together in the dirt. Lance smiled looking over seeing Romelle sleeping on Alluras back as Allura slept on his stomach with a snore. Keith was out in the distance passed out as James snuggled against Rizavi's leg.

"God this hangovers gonna suck," lance snickered seeing everyone.

"I don't remember much," kinkade said softly.

"You're chatty when your drunk," lance poked his nose giggling.

"Do you remember?" He asked with a small chuckle.

"A little, i remember you just kept talking and talking then fell asleep and you sleep talk too," Lance told him as kinkade burned red in embarrassment.

"I think I tried to teach you how to dance?" He laughed a little harder as kinkade smiled softly.

"I haven't laughed the much in a while," kinkade told him gently and lance looked at him.

"Me too," lance whispered nodding.

"Also your a cuddly guy when you sleep," he teased again as kinkade groaned in his hands.

"I'm sorry," he blushed.

"Ha, don't worry about it," lance told him as they leaned against the log that was used as a seat the night before.

Kinkade froze again when he felt lance lean against him, his head resting on his shoulder and his knees brushed against his thigh. He glanced at the Hispanic as lance seemed calm, at ease.

"Is this okay?" Lance asked quietly.

Kinkade nodded a little as he relaxed with lance, he didn't know what to do, it was different with his sisters when they snuggled. But for someone like lance, he didn't know what to do, he wanted to put his arm around his shoulders to be mutual, rest his head against the top of Lances. But he stayed there with his hands in his lap.

"I miss being touched," lance told his quietly. "My family was very physical, my niece and nephew hung around his waist or ankles, touching each other's shoulder, hugging, always patting each others heads, I miss it, my siblings and I use to snuggle under a fort in one of our rooms to watch tv, Rachel and I shared a room for the longest time," he explained as kinkade listened.

"Let me know if you don't like it, I'll stop," lance sighed a little as he hung onto Ryan's arm and touched around his wrist.

"I'm just not use to it, but it's nice, I'm not a physical person really," kinkade gulped a little as they watched the sun rise together.

"Do you want me to back off?" Lance asked looking up at him. He stopped breathing when he felt Ryan put his arm around him and his hand moved his head back to his shoulder.

"No, it's nice," Ryan smiled gently.

The two blushed as they enjoyed the physical affection together, being alone in space or in a military base, both were touch starved and craved it more than they realized.

"When we go back, are we still going to be friends?" Lance asked quietly.

"I hope so," Kinkade nodded.

"Good, I love hunk and all but I think your in the top three best cuddles I've gotten," lance smiled.

"Who's the top three?" He raised a brow looking at him.

"Don't tell hunk , but my moms in first, then you, then him," the slim boy hummed happily as kinkade blushed more.

Allura listened from the side of the twos conversation, not wanting to wake up Romelle as this was a side of lance she's never heard. He was quiet and soft, he seemed honest with kinkade. It was odd. She almost liked this side of lance more, could be because he was tired or something else but she liked listening to his voice as he talked about his family. When he talked about himself all the time it was obnoxious to her but this was different. She almost wished this is the lance she gotten to know instead of the annoying Paladin she's been traveling with for a year...