Returned

"We're going back?" Pidge gasped as the next day everyone waited for Sam but his daughter was the first to know.

Everyone whipped their bodies around to face the older man and youngest of them all. Hunk and lance looked at each other excitedly.

"Yep, the garrison thinks it's time for the base to know voltron is back," Sam smiled.

"We can alert your families as soon as I'm in touch with the garrisons on the way back, we can have them waiting for you," he told them as kinkade stood with lance, he saw Lances face was full of shock as he didn't know what to say.

"You should call shot gun," kinkade put a hand on his shoulder to snap lance out of his thoughts.

A bright smile crawled on Lances face as he claps his hand over kinkades nodding.

"Well what are we waiting for? Let's go! I call shot gun!" Lance raised his hand.

No one moved until Sam gave a nod of approval, they could go home now.

"No fair I get shot gun!" Griffin whined as kinkade and lance grabbed the front seats with a laugh as everyone piled in the trucks.

Allura kept an eye on lance now from hearing the two earlier in the morning, he seemed more mature in a way but he was still childish. He buckled up immediately as kinkade started the truck.

"Are you ready to go see your family?" Ryan asked looking at lance.

"I'm so ready," Lance almost was bouncing in his seat. He missed them all so much.

"Do you think they'll be proud of me?" He asked after a moment of thinking about their reactions. Ryan grabbed his hand gently and nodded.

"Absolutely," he grinned at him and put the truck in drive as they took off to head back to the military grounds of the garrisons.

Veronica sprinted to the garage of the garrisons seeing the doors close behind two trucks that parked in the center. She panted looking for her baby brother as the windows were blacked out, she couldn't catch her breath after feeling like the air was stolen from her when she heard the news.

"Move!" She pushed pass the crowd as there were the pilots getting out.

"Lance!" She screamed trying to find her brother seeing strangers getting out of the vehicles of voltron, shiro and Keith met with Iverson as Pidge ran to her mother who waited.

"Lance Charles mcclain get your ass out here!" She had tears in her eyes but the passenger door opened as lance jumped out of the truck as he tripped a little.

"Veronica!" He cried back as he sprinted to his big sister.

"Ron!" Lance slammed into her as their bodies collided from the impact but Veronica held her youngest sibling close as he buried his face in her shoulder trying not to cry. He failed.

"You're alive! You're alive!" The two fell to their knees as Veronica sobbed holding his head to her and kissed his head.

"Don't you ever fucking do that again! I swear to god and the Holy Spirit I will kill you if you ever-" "help I'm being abused!" Lance pushed himself away from her as Veronica smacked him multiple times in the head.

"Help-" "you think I'm bad! Mama is going to chain you to the backyard and will let Rachel beat the shit out of you!"

Lance got to his feet with a smile on his face as Veronica was still crying as she moved her glasses away to wipe her face.

"I missed you too Ron," he laughed holding her face and wiped his big sisters tears away.

"You got tall," she sniffled hugging him again.