Caring

Lance laid in bed waiting for one in the morning to come, everyone was still fucking awake. Hunk and Pidge, and Allura. He thought they'd be sleeping by now. But nooooo.

Lance sat up and went to the bathroom to wash his face and brush his teeth since the boys had one bathroom and the girls had theirs. Allura was in the girls with hair hair up and she was washing her face as well to clean off the day.

"Did you get to find some earth skin care that was good?" Lance looked over curiously.

"Uh I think so, is this how you felt when we had only altean products?" Allura showed lance the face wash bottle.

"This might dry your skin out to much, here's a moisturizer I use and a eye cream," lance showed her his out of the many bottles.

"Why do you care so much over this? I heard earth males don't use proper hygiene products," Allura tried the moisturizer as she was in lances bathroom now as he was splashing water on his face.

"Had horrible acne as a preteen, plus I was always in the sun and didn't want wrinkles when I'm 30," lance rubbed the face wash soap in his hands before lathering it on his face.

"Hey so I was meaning to talk to you, my sister asked if I could go by my parents to have a family dinner... I don't wanna go if we're at high risk of an invasion," lance looked down at the water as Allura sat on the counter.

"How long will it take?" She raised a brow.

"I'll make it short, two hours," he pursed his lips washing the soap away.

"At max?" The altean offered.

"I'll try," he smiled shyly.

"Alright then I don't see an issue, stay close though," Allura jumped down when was grabbed the towel behind her.

"Yea of course, I'll talk to Ron tomorrow then," he sighed. Why wasn't he as excited as he should be.

"She said I could bring a friend, I don't think i am, there's still tension," he told her quietly.

"To your family dinner? Why are you telling me?" Allura made a face. Lance felt his chest drop, he forgot she rather be anywhere but with him.

"W-well Allura I was thinking maybe-I uh," he was loosing all the energy to keep trying for her.

"What?" She asked calmly taking her hair out of the bun.

"Never mind, i was just thinking it might be tomorrow night anyways," he turned away to finish his routine.

"Allura-" lance inhaled deeply and looked at her.

"Do you find me annoying? I've been trying to be better about boundaries, but every time I talk to you it makes me feel like I've made no progress," he said softly as Allura closed the door so they could talk in private.

"I've found you overly flirtatious and obnoxious at times," she said truthfully.

"And now?" Their eyes met.

"I don't know..."

Lance crossed his arms frowning a little, he wasn't getting better was he? He didn't know how to be better... it doesn't help when no one wanted to help.

"Well sorry bout all the trouble I've been, I appreciate you being patient with me," he chuckled rubbing the back of his neck with a goofy smile.

Allura nodded slowly and left the bathroom as lance leaned against the sink waiting for the door to close again.

He wanted to go now, he needed kinkade to come get him, he just wanted to get out, he was so embarrassed.

Lance finished his skin care and put on a hoodie over his shirt and went to his bottom bunk that was under hunk. He laid on his back starting above with his mind being to loud when the room was so quiet. Hunk and Pidge didn't even look over at him when he came back.