YEAR 2 - THE DUELING CLUB

CHAPTER EIGHTthe dueling clubact two, year two

CHAPTER EIGHT
the dueling club
act two, year two

•••••.*.•••••

"CAN EVERYBODY SEE ME?" ASKED LOCKHART AS HE GOT UP ON STAGE

"Unfortunately." Y/n whispered but clearly wasn't quiet enough because Harry and Ron start laughing at her comment.

"Can you all hear me?" He asked again. He smiled before continued to talk "In the light of the dark events of recent weeks, Professor Dumbledore has granted me permission to start this little dueling club to train you all up in case you ever need to defend yourselves, as I myself have done on countless occasions. For full details, see my published works."

He wink and Y/n thought she might throw up.

"Now let me introduce my assistant, Professor Snape."

Professor Snape appeared on stage looking bored as hell. It was notable that he didn't want to be there.

"He has sportingly agreed to help me with a short demonstration. Now, I don't want any of you youngsters to worry. You'll still have your potions master." he said

Y/n did not believe in his statement. If anything, Professor Snape would end Lockhart.

Both start approaching each other. They took their wands out and pointed to one another.

"One...two...three."

"EXPELLIARMUS!" Professor Snape said

Lockhart went flying to the other part of the room making some people laugh and others worry for the heroic man's fall.

In Y/n's case, she just rolled her eyes at his failed attempt of impressing the students.

He quickly got up.

"An excellent idea to show them that, Professor Snape." He said "But, if you don't mind me saying, it was pretty obvious what you were about to do."

"Yeah, whatever helps you sleep at night." Y/n said to herself

"Perhaps it would be prudent to first teach the students to block unfriendly spells, professor." Professor Snape said

"An excellent suggestion Professor Snape.......uh Let's have a volunteer pair."

He start looking around for someone who could be good enough to fight. His eyes laid on Y/n who was lost in her own mind.