YEAR 3 - FAMILY BUSINESS

CHAPTER THIRTEENfamily business act three, year three

CHAPTER THIRTEEN
family business
act three, year three

•••••.*.•••••

THE SILENCE WAS SOMETHING THAT ROSE WINTERGREEN ALWAYS FEARED. Growing up, her parents house was full of light and life. When she became an adult, that seemed to change.

She was the only girl of five brothers. As the only girl, she was obviously spoiled the most. Rose always felt lucky for that.

Unfortunately, her parents never prepared her for real life. She lived trapped in a fairytale. Everything had a perfect end for her.

Then Elijah Wintergreen came around. He saw that she was trapped in a dream world where every princess was saved by a prince. This man saved her, but he was far from a prince.

No one warned her. Her parents seemed to be so happy that her daughter was settling down with a powerful and rich man. Her brothers, because of their overprotectiveness, eventually came around.

The first two years of marriage were incredible. She felt like those princesses from her fairytales.

But every fairytale eventually comes to an end.

Looking now around her silent office, Rose is lonely. The walls surrounding her were so beautiful, but she felt so sad. She never felt like that while living with her parents.

Rose looked down at her left hand where a ring used to be placed. She took it off a long time ago. To be more specific, she got rid of it.

The only good thing from that marriage that she was actually able to keep, was upstairs. Her beautiful daughter. The only reason why she's still here.

The woman is not spoiled anymore. She grew up. Rose tries so hard to be the perfect example for her Y/n. She fights every demon thinking of her daughter.

A knock on the door interrupted her thoughts.

"Yes?"

The door was opened and their maid, Olivia, got inside the room.

"I'm sorry ma'am, but Ms. Moreau is here."

Rose rolled her eyes before looking down at her work papers.

"Tell Ms. Moreau that I don't have time for her."

"She told me that she wouldn't get out of this house without speaking with you, ma'am."

The Wintergreen raised her eyebrows but didn't took her eyes from the paper she was reading.