YEAR 6 - SLUGHORN'S PAST

CHAPTER FORTY-THREEslughorn's pastact six, year six

CHAPTER FORTY-THREE
slughorn's past
act six, year six

•••••.*.•••••

Y/N WAS DEFINITELY NOT TALKING TO HARRY AFTER WHAT HE DID TO DRACO. As for right now, they were all in the Gryffindor common room.

"Y/n, I'm sorry, I didn't know that that was going to happen. I didn't knew about that spell." Harry tried to gain her attention

Still, the girl didn't uttered a single word.

"The silent treatment." He whispered

Meanwhile, they still were trying to find a way of finding out more about Slughorn's past.

Y/n, being the clever witch she was, finally found a way. Turning to Hermione, she starts to speak.

"Please, tell Mr. Potter that he can drink Liquid Luck and try to find out Professor Slughorn's past."

Ron quickly turned to the girl.

"You are a genius!"

Y/n smirked

"It can work." Hermione thought out loud

Harry nodded

"I can try, but you could've talked to me instead of Hermione."

One of Y/n's flaws, was that she was incredibly stubborn.

"Hermione, please, tell Mr. Potter that some people don't deserve the honor of hearing my voice."

He shook his head and start drinking the potion. Even Y/n turned to look how that turned out.

"How are you feeling?" Ron asked

"Incredible! I had never been so happy."

Harry smiled at them before going to the door.

"Where are you going?" Hermione asked

"Hagrid's."

"No, we had a plan!"

"Yea, I know, but I have a really good feeling about going to Hagrid's, you know what I mean?" He asked "Trust me, I know what I'm doing. Or, Felix does!"

They watched as their friend walked out of the room.

"Harry being Harry." Y/n complained

•••••.*.•••••

The man looked at the board in front of him. It's been two years. Two years of investigation. Two years of countless sleepless nights. Two years of theories after theories.

Two years since the murdered of Rose Hendrix.

He stared at all the pictures and evidence in front of him. Why? Why couldn't he solve this case like any other?

"Inspector Smith?" Someone knocked on the door

"Yes?"

"Any development?"

"No."

The young man nodded and gave a file to Inspector Smith.

"The ministry ordered the closure of Rose Hendrix's case."

"What? Why?"

"They say it's been too long. The family needs that closure."

"In other words, someone asked them to stop the investigation." Inspector Smith shook his head at how easy the ministry was paid

"Someone involved with the case, perhaps." The younger inspector said

"Someone powerful as well."

"But who?"

Smith put the file down and stared at the board. It seemed like Rose Hendrix was connected to everything and everyone.

"Five people were on that house that night: the victim, Rose Hendrix. The victim's daughter, Y/n Wintergreen. The housemaid, Olivia Johnson. The gardener, David Morecci. And the cooker, Robert Brown."

The other inspector nodded.

"That's correct, sir, but we already interrogated all of them. None had the motives to do it."

Inspector Smith rolled his neck. He was tired. He wondered how someone as friendly as Rose Hendrix could have had such a bad ending.

"It has to be someone who knew the house like the back of their hands. Someone who knew where Rose's room was and how to get there without making noise." Smith said "And that, Jones, is how we get suspects."

"Who?"

Inspector Smith wrote more names on the board.

"Crystal Black, Elijah Wintergreen, Meredith Moreau and Victor Wintergreen."

He put the pen down.

"Crystal Black moved out of the house a month before it happened. She knows that house better than anyone. Suspiciously enough, Elijah could have been angry at his ex-wife since she was the one who asked for a divorce. The maid told us that Ms. Moreau had an argument with the victim. And Mr. Victor Wintergreen, he hasn't been seen for years now, it would be so easy to enter that house while not been seen."

Agent Jones got close to the board.

"So, who did it?"

"That's what we'll find out, Jones. That's what we'll find out."

•••••.*.•••••
It's small, but just wanted to give you a glimpse of what will happen next.
Who do you think did it?
Love you all,
Bye!