YEAR 6 - AMORTENTIA

CHAPTER FORTYamortentiaact six, year six

CHAPTER FORTY
amortentia
act six, year six

•••••.*.•••••

APRIL 23RD 1945

Dear diary,

At this point, I don't even want to apologize for my lack of interest in writing in this diary. It's been awhile since I opened this. But today, today I only wanted someone to talk to and, since I'm all alone in here, I'm going to use this diary as my confidant.

Tom Riddle is my boyfriend. That is something that I'm sure of. However, I'm also convinced that he's hiding something from me.

It's so easy to fall for his words. Honestly, sometimes I am scared of how powerful his arguments are. I'm even more scared of how I always believe in him.

I'm in love, I like to tell myself this a lot.

Or maybe I was in love?

He's distant, more cold than ever towards me. When I ask him something, he barely looks at me. When I hug him, I can feel him hugging me back, but it feels so lonely. It feels empty.

Nevertheless, I made a new friend the other day. His name is Christopher Slytherin. Yes, he belongs to Salazar Slytherin's family. In his own words, that last name holds more power than something else.

Chris, (he insisted for me to call him this), is the true definition of a gentleman. Really! I don't think I ever met someone as gentle as him.

He promise we would study together tomorrow. I'm looking forward to it.

I just realized that this is the longest that I ever wrote in this diary. It felt good to let everything out.

Now, I've to go. Professor Slughorn needs me to help him with a new potion, after all, according to him: "I could never do this without my favorite student!"

With love,
Y/n Wintergreen

•••••.*.•••••

"Welcome! Welcome, to another year at Hogwarts! First of, let me introduce the newest member of our staff, Horace Slughorn, who will apply for his old position as a potions master." Dumbledore welcomed the students

Slughorn?! That's the name that Y/n read in the diary.

"Meanwhile, the post for defense against the dark arts will be taken by Professor Snape."