YEAR 6 - SECTUSEMPRA

CHAPTER FORTY-TWOsectusempra act six, year six

CHAPTER FORTY-TWO
sectusempra
act six, year six

•••••.*.•••••

Y/N WAS BACK HOME FOR CHRISTMAS. It seemed like her father's house was warmer every time this holiday came, but the man never got out of his office on that day.

Looking out of the big windows, Y/n could see that it was snowing. She loves snow.

"How are you feeling today, Y/n? Did you had any nightmares?"

The snow was captivating. So intriguing too. She wanted to lay there and forget all of her problems.

Seeing that the girl was not going to answer, the woman in front of her stared down at her notes and cleaned her throat.

"Last time I was here, you told me that you were closer to your father. How is that going now?"

The girl nodded before answering.

"He's trying." She whispered "I know this is not what he wanted, but he's trying."

"What didn't he want, Y/n?"

"Me, in this house, with him."

The woman, known as Dr. Gilbert, raised one eyebrow.

"Why is that?" She asked

Involuntarily, Y/n stared at the big frame on the wall behind the therapist. Whenever you had to use the stairs, that frame was the first thing you would see.

In fact, whenever you entered that house, that paint would have been the first thing you would see.

The therapist looked behind her and stared at the paint as well.

"Who's that, Y/n?"

"Grace Wintergreen. My father's first wife."

It bothered her. It bothered her so much that it wasn't her mother there. No, it was another woman. Or, perhaps, in Elijah Wintergreen's mind, Rose Hendrix was the other woman.

"How do you feel about her?"

"I never met her. She died before I was born." The girl said still looking at the painting "But the portrait makes me sad."

Dr. Gilbert looked up from her notes with a confused expression.

"Sad? Why?"