YEAR 7 - THE DOWNFALL OF THE WINTERGREENS

CHAPTER FIFTY-TWOthe downfall of the wintergreens act seven, year seven

CHAPTER FIFTY-TWO
the downfall of the wintergreens
act seven, year seven

•••••.*.•••••

SHE WAS NERVOUS WHILE STARING AT THE WALL IN FRONT OF HER. Nothing could ever make her feel better.

The weight of her dress was too much to accept. She was feeling guilty. She was feeling sad.

She knew that this wasn't right. Or better yet, the person wasn't right.

Today, Y/n Wintergreen would get married to Christopher Slytherin. Today, she would be married to a man that she doesn't love. A man, who isn't the one she wanted to be with.

Christopher was good. He was one of the best friends she ever had, but no matter how much he tries, she will forever only love one man. Even if that man doesn't love her back.

The beautiful white dress was mesmerizing. It was perfect, but she didn't want to use such gorgeous dress for this.

This was a mistake, that's all that she could think of. This was a big mistake.

A knock on the door interrupted her thoughts, after she told the person to come in, she saw her father all dressed up by the door.

Elijah doesn't smile, not since he start believing that this life doesn't have anything to offer more than pain, but his lip curled upright involuntarily.

"You look beautiful, Y/n."

"Thank you, father."

He watched as she finished putting her shoes on and wandered around the room. He couldn't believe that in a few hours, his daughter would be Mrs. Slytherin.

Somehow, he felt guilty for doing that to her.

"You know that this is all to protect you, right? I wouldn't do this if it wasn't important."

"I know." She briefly answered

He knew she was mad at him, but decided to ignore that for now.

His eyes fell on a small rectangular velvet box on top of her bed. Moved by curiosity, the man opened the box and saw a necklace.

The necklace was absolutely beautiful. It had the biggest ruby that Elijah ever saw. The ruby was there in a form of a tear drop.