YEAR 4 - QUIDDITCH WORLD CUP

CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVEquidditch world cupact four, year four

CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE
quidditch world cup
act four, year four

•••••.*.•••••

HESITANTLY, Y/N KNOCKED ON THE DOOR OF HER FATHER'S OFFICE. After hearing confirmation that she could come in, the girl quickly entered the room.

Walking slowly to her father's desk, she watched as the man wrote something on the paper.

It's been a month since she moved here, and she hated every second of it. If it wasn't for Dorothea's amazing culinary skills, she would have died of boredom.

In this month, she must have seen Elijah three or four times. He passes his days inside this office or outside the house. When they met for the first time, it was clearly that he was as awkward as her.

That first time, the only words he told her was "Welcome." And "I'm sorry for you loss." Nothing more than that.

Honestly, she sees this house more like a prison than a home. Everything was different. Inside was so much colder than outside.

So, when she had the opportunity to get out, she didn't hesitated to accept it. She only needed Elijah's consent now.

"Uh, the Weasleys are going to the Quidditch World Cup and asked me if I wanted to go. I said yes, but Mrs. Weasley said that I needed your permission before going."

He just hummed but didn't looked up from his papers. Now that Y/n looked at him, he seemed tired. The skin under his eyes was darker than the last time she saw him.

The Wintergreen was asking herself if Elijah had problems to sleep.

One minute turned into five, that turned into ten and soon, the girl was losing her patience with her father lack of response.

"So?"

That seemed to get him to speak.

"Yes, you can go." Elijah said but didn't looked up from his paper.

Sighing out loud, the girl nodded before turning around, ready to leave the room. The moment she opened the door, a voice interrupted her.

"Uh.....if you need anything, send me a letter," He said awkwardly "And.....uh, be safe.....and.....and, have fun, I guess."

The great Elijah Wintergreen, for the first time in his life, seemed to be intimidated by someone. His own daughter, that had so many things in common with her mother, walked around that house like she was trying to make him feel guilty for his actions against Rose.