YEAR 5 - THESE WALLS KNOW MORE THAN ME

CHAPTER THIRTY-THREEthese walls know more than meact five, year five

these walls know more than me
act five, year five

•••••.*.•••••

LIFE WAS HER WORST ENEMY. Since the day she was born, Y/n doesn't remember a single time when she was truly happy.

It all started when her parents stopped living together, she was only two, but you would be surprised to know how much that affected her. Then, even with all her mother's efforts, she knew the elder was sad all the time, that affected the girl as well.

Moving on to her years in Hogwarts, so many things happened there. She found out that she lived more than once, that her family lied to her her whole life, her godfather was in fact her aunt's husband who was in prison for twelve years for a crime he didn't commit, her mother died, and she finds out that she once was in love with the person that everyone fears the most.

To complete everything, she was taken against her will by him.

Staring at the walls around her, the girl is jealous. She is jealous that they know more about what will happen to her than herself. These walls know more than me, she thought.

Y/n hears a lot, but she can't see. She is stuck in this room, the room that was given to her, since she arrived at this manor.

She can't go outside, the only view she has of the garden was because of the big windows, which were locked. The only person she sees is the house elf, who would come in, put her food down, and, without a word, get out.

The Wintergreen doesn't want to be here. Everywhere but here.

It's funny because after all this, the place that she hated the most was her father's house. Now, for her, that was a sanctuary compared to this.

Y/n knew that soon students would go back to Hogwarts. She wanted to go back, but she knew she wouldn't. It made her sad that maybe she would never see her friends again.

From all around the wizard world papers with her face and name were attached to windows, doors and poles. The newspapers had her face on their front page in the first month of her disappearance. But now, that was old news.

She was suffering here. Last month marked one year since her mother's death, she wished to go her grave. But her wish wasn't allowed.

The door of the green room opened. She thought it would be the house elf again, but no. To her surprise it was Tom.

Yes, no Voldemort but Tom.

Going close to her, the now boy sat down by her side on the bed.

"Happy birthday." He wished her

Today, Y/n Wintergreen was turning fifteen. Another important date that she wouldn't be able to celebrate with her family.

Instead of saying something, Y/n only got away from him on the bed. That was until his hand made contact with her thigh. That immediately made her stop.

She looked at the fire place in front of the bed so her eyes didn't made contact with his.

Y/n felt as he moved close to her, his hand still on her thigh.

She stopped breathing when she felt his mouth close to her ear.

"Today, you'll have dinner downstairs with us. Behave."

Just as quick as Tom came in, he got out.

Finally alone, the girl let out a deep breath. It seems like her stay in here would be worse than she thought.

•••••.*.•••••

The students were all present in the Great Hall.

Harry was accepted back in school after using magic without permission. But nothing felt the same.

The Gryffindor table was more empty than usual, even if only one person was missing.

By Hermione's side, the chair, that a very courageous Wintergreen used to sit on, didn't had anyone.

The now three friends would stare at the chair for some seconds before turning to Dumbledore who was ready to start his speech.

This was different, and they didn't liked it.

"Good evening children." He said "Now, we have a new teacher for defense against the dark arts this year. Please welcome, Professor Dolores Umbridge, I'm sure you'll all join me in wishing the Professor good luck. Now as usual Mr. Flinch......"

He was interrupted by the woman in question. She put herself in front of Professor Dumbledore.

"Thank you headmaster for those kind words of welcome and how lovely to see all your bright happy faces looking at me!"

No one was smiling at her.

"I'm sure we are going to be very good friends." Dolores said

"That's likely." George and Fred said at the same time

They immediately looked at Y/n's chair expecting her to laugh at their joke, but found it empty.

"The ministry of magic has always considered the education of young witches and wizards to be a vital importance. Although each headmaster has brought something new to this historic school. Progress for the sake of progress must be discouraged. Let us preserve what must preserved, perfect what can be perfected and prune practices that ought to be prohibited."

This year will be harder than they thought, especially since Y/n Wintergreen was not going to be in it.

•••••.*.•••••
So, I'm going to try and write about Y/n's new life and the life in Hogwarts.
Love you all,
Bye!