YEAR 4 - THE YULE BALL

CHAPTER TWENTY-NINEyule ballact four, year four

CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE
yule ball
act four, year four

•••••.*.•••••

IT WAS PAINFUL WHEN MADAME POMFREY HEALED HER ARM. In fact, the woman told Y/n that she would have a mark of what happened. However, it kind of looked like a flower and the Wintergreen actually loved it.

And now, as she ran as fast as she could, her arm still hurts a little bit.

"The Yule Ball has been a tradition of the Triwizard Tournament since it's inception. On Christmas Eve night, we and our guests, gather in the Great Hall for a night of well-mannered frivolity. As representatives of the host school, I expect each and every one of you to put your best foot forward, and I mean this literally, because the Yule Ball is first and foremost............a dance." Professor McGonagall said

Y/n entered the room and all eyes fell on her.

"Ms. Wintergreen, you're late." Professor McGonagall told sternly

The girl looked down

"I'm sorry, Professor McGonagall, but Madame Promfrey wanted to have a look at my arm before this class."

The woman nodded, sign that she accepted her apology. The girl quickly sat down close to her friends.

"The house of Godric Gryffindor has commanded the respect of the Wizard world for nearly 10 centuries, I will not have you in the course of a single evening besmirching that name by behaving like a babbling bumbling band of baboons." She told them "Now, Mr. Potter come here please."

Harry, reluctantly, got up slowly and went close to her.

Professor McGonagall looked at the girl who was sat by his side.

"Ms. Wintergreen, since you were late to this lesson, you may participate in this activity." She then gesture to the man on the other side of the room "You'll dance with Mr. Flinch."

People start laughing, but one stern look from McGonagall and they immediately stopped.

Mr. Flinch, looking as bored as possible, came close to the girl.

They start dancing while following the Transfiguration teacher's orders.

Looking up to her friends, she saw them laughing at her face.

Y/n knew that, as long as George and Fred Weasley were alive, she would forever be remembered of this moment.

•••••.*.•••••

Walking around the corridors of Hogwarts, someone grabbed her arm and turned her around.

"Draco? What do you want?"

The boy looked around nervously, trying to see if anyone was around. When he got the confirmation that they were alone, the boy sighed.

"I wanted to ask you something."

His cheeks were slightly red, making Y/n smile a little bit.

"W-Would you like to got to the ball with me?"

The Wintergreen was a little bit surprised. Why would Draco ask her? He had helped her last year, but they weren't that close.

"Uh, yes, I would love to." She said after some time

He seemed relieved.

"Well, then......I guess, I will go now......yes, that's what I will do.....b-bye."

Y/n giggled as the nervous boy walked away from her. She hoped that everything would go well in the end.

•••••.*.•••••

Y/n walked out of the Gryffindor common room and saw Draco leaning against the wall.

"Hi." She said

The Malfoy quickly looked up and opened his mouth with awe.

"H-hi." He said "You look beautiful."

"Thank you so much, you look good too."

They crossed their arms together and start walking to the Great Hall.

When they arrived there, they were informed that the champions and their dates would be the firsts to dance.

The doors opened and Y/n, alongside the others champions and Draco, walked to the middle of the room.

Putting one hand on her waist and the other intertwine with Y/n's hand, Draco start moving them around within the rhythm of the song.

People were surprised to see this pair dancing together, but nevertheless they did look good. However, the girl's friends were not that happy, especially Harry.

But Y/n didn't cared, because, finally after some time, she was having fun.

•••••.*.•••••
Short but cute. What do you think of Draco asking Y/n to the ball?
Love you all,
Bye!