YEAR 6 - GOODBYE, PROFESSOR

CHAPTER FORTY-FOURgoodbye, professoract six, year six

CHAPTER FORTY-FOUR
goodbye, professor
act six, year six

••••••.*.••••••

HARRY DRANK THE LIQUID LUCK AND FOUND OUT ABOUT SLUGHORN'S PAST. It was actually Y/n's idea, but since the girl wasn't speaking to him after what he did to Draco, the girl told Hermione that told Harry.

It was Professor Slughorn that told Tom about the Horcruxes. Lord Voldemort was immortal because he created an Horcrux.

Y/n was now walking through the corridor when she saw Harry running in her direction.

"Y/n!" He screamed

Ignoring that she was not talking to him anymore, the girl quickly tried to help.

"What? What happened?"

"It's Dumbledore. We....we.....Tom Riddle created eight Horcruxes. We already destroyed two of them. But.....Professor Dumbledore is not feeling.....too well."

The girl put her hands on his arms.

"Okay, Harry, calm down. Breathe." She instructed "Go find a teacher or madame Promfrey, I'm going to stay with Professor Dumbledore."

The boy nodded before running away. Y/n also ran to the headmaster's aid. When she got there, she saw Draco pointing his wand at Dumbledore.

"D-Draco?" She stuttered

The blonde was shaking when he looked at the only girl who seems to understand him.

"I-It's okay, Draco" Slowly, she put herself in the middle of them "Whatever it is, we can help you. I can help you."

"Y-You don't understand. I....I have to do this." He cried "I have to kill him!"

"No! No, you don't. Listen to me, Draco. Just listen." She looked at his beautiful blue eyes "You're better than this."

She tried to think of something that could make him stop.

"D-Do you remember, in our third year, after the boggart accident?" He nodded "I told you that we should be ourselves. We shouldn't do things to please people, we should try to be ourselves."

"I also told you that life is not a fairytale." He remembered her

"And you're right. Life is far from a fairytale. But this isn't right, Draco. You're trying to please other people to prove yourself, and you shouldn't." She cleaned her tears "Do you know, that you were the only one who went after me? The only one that cared if I was alright? I told you back then that you are not as bad as they say you're, and, standing here today, I still think that you're more than what you think you're."

The tears on his face were breaking her heart. He was just a boy. The boy that made all the wrong choices. But a boy that only wanted to be recognized.

"If someone actually listened to me just once, maybe I would have become a better person." He told her

Dumbledore, after hearing all of this, decided to speak.

"We're here, Draco. We're listening."

Y/n cursed herself when she saw Draco shaking his head.

"Let us help you, Draco. Please." She begged

"I don't want your help. I have to kill him!" He looked at Dumbledore "Or he is going to kill me."

The conversation was interrupted by the sound of footsteps.

Dumbledore, upon seeing the death eaters entering the room, put the girl by his side.

Bellatrix laughed at them.

"Look what do we have here?" Bellatrix said "Y/n, the last time I saw you were running away."

"You were there?"

"I was."

Looking up at Draco, Bellatrix nodded.

"Very good, Draco." She said "Now, kill him!"

Y/n shook her head.

"Draco, please!"

"I don't have a choice."

"Everybody has a choice, you are the one who have to choose between the good and the bad. Please, I'm begging you to choose the good."

Bellatrix looked at the boy.

"Stop! C'mon Draco, do it!"

Y/n's words were on Draco's mind. He couldn't do it.

"No." Professor Snape entered the room

Y/n was relieved now. Professor Snape was going to help them.

"Severus, please." Dumbledore begged

The Wintergreen was confused. She couldn't believe when the teacher pointed his wand at them. This couldn't happen. Severus Snape was good.

She couldn't believe that her favorite teacher would do something like this.

It was all an act. He never cared. He was on Voldemort's side this whole time.

"AVADA KEDRAVA!"

This was it. Albus Dumbledore was dead. The girl witness his murder. She saw as the headmaster fell out of the window.

"NO!"

She saw him falling.

She saw as the light faded from his eyes. It was over. Everything was over.

"Goodbye, professor." She whispered

Looking up at the sky, the girl could hear the others leaving the room. She knew that dark times were coming.

Soon, they will have to fight. She just doesn't know if she is ready for that.

•••••.*.•••••
Next chapter will be the last of this year. Prepare yourselves.
Love you all,
Bye!