4

Jeon Jungkook focus:

As they get to the Station, Jungkook as per Yoongi's order goes up to Hoseok and hands over the bag, "Let us know if you find something Hyung, and sorry for making you work double" he smiles.

"It's no problem Kid, I'll let you know once I find something" he smiles back.

Jungkook gets to his desk to see Yoongi and Namjoon talking about Mr.Lee. "Now what do we do? " Jungkook asks.

"Now we wait, in the meantime we need to figure out why Mr.Lee was protecting someone who conned of his wealth and possessions"

"Maybe because he still loves her" Jungkook says.

Yoongi laughs, "Yeah right? how can he love someone even after knowing that the person he fell in love with is a lying cheating theif?"

"It's a possibility" Namjoon agrees with Jungkook. "You will understand when you fall in love"

"It's  not like I'm gonna fall in love with that kind of person" Yoongi scoffs and reaches for a file under his table. 

"Is that another case?" Jungkook asks, scooting closer to the older, "What did I say about crossing the line" Yoongi takes out the measuring stick to push Jungkook away.

"What case is it? Jungkook asks again.

"Nothing that concerns you" Yoongi says.

"Min, still on that case I see" A gruff voice comes from behind Jungkook which startles him. It was captain Jung.

"Just going over it" Yoongi says.

"Hopefully it doesn't take your attention from your cases"

"No sir, I'm waiting on the results, in the meantime I'm taking a look at this" Yoongi says. "Do you need something from me?"

"As a matter of fact I do, come with me" Captain Jung leads Yoongi to his room.

As Yoongi is gone Jungkook scoots closer to Yoongi's desk to open the file, "If I were you I wouldn't do that" Namjoon voices.

"What is this case? A hit and run?" he asks. "It looks like a very old case."

"I'll tell you but don't ask Yoongi" Namjoon says and Jungkook promises, "It's the case of his parents, his parents died in a car crash"

"Oh my god ! that's--"

"Wait it gets worse" Namjoon says, "Yoongi was also in the car. He was the only survivor"

"Oh god! he must have suffered a lot" 

"yes he did, the case remained unsolved, he's trying to solve it but everything leads him to a dead end"  Namjoon says with a small frown. 

Jungkook nods and gets back to his desk, he can't imagine how Yoongi must have felt at that point or how he feels now knowing that the case is unsolved. Jungkook never had a troubled life, he had two loving rich parents, who spent all their time and money on him. He had all the money in the world which would allow him to feed his children, grandchildren and great grandchildren without having to work a single day in his life. When he had decided to become a cop, they objected it, fearing for his safetly but eventually they understood his determination and let him do whatever he wants. He smiles as he gets a call from his mom.

"Hey mom" he attends the call, "that's the first time you attended the call when you are on duty" his mom voice back.

"I was free" he smiles, "I Just called you to ask if you had your lunch"

"Yes mom I did, did you?" he asks, obviously he didn't eat yet, but his mom doesn't need to know about it. "I did" she says.

Jungkook sees Yoongi walking towards him, "Mom I'll call you back love you" he ends the call. He looks at Yoongi with his doe eyes, watching his every move. Yoongi scrunches his nose in disgust, "why are you looking at me like that?" he asks.