39

Jimin held the door handle tightly around his fingers, taking deep breaths.

"I can do it" he whispers.

The door opened before he could and Tae walked out, "oh my God Jimin! what happened to you?" he softly grabbed Jimin's chin to look at the cuts and bruises.

"Taehyung" Jimin looks at his best friend, tears threatning to spill.

"does it hurt, who did this to you?"

Jimin looks behind Taehyung, he sees Jin in the bed, the white bedsheet covering up to his chest, the ventilator machine connected to him was gone.

"Hyung--" 

"Jimin-ah" he hears a voice.

For a second Jimin thought he was hallucinating, he heard Jin's voice. 'Is my mind playing tricks because I didn't get to say goodbye' he thinks.

A cough, "Jimin" again he heard the voice.

He gets closer, now he sees. He sees Jin. He's awake!!

Jimin breaks down and cries, "Y-you're alive!? I thought you died" he falls to his knees beside Jin's bed.

"What part of 'he's awake, come here' didn't you understand?" Taehyung walks in, he looks at Jimin's condition, "ah the message didn't pass through? the call ended due to bad signal so I sent a text"

"Hyung--you are here, you are alright you didn't leave me" Jimin clutched Jin's hand.

"I-I would never leave you alone Jimin" Jin said, his voice hoarse.

He tried to sit up, "Careful" Tae said.

"I-I'm okay" Jin assured.

"No, you are not fully healed yet, take it easy" Tae said.

Jin nodded, "Now what happened to you Jimin? are you still picking fights?"

"No" Jimin mumbles.

"Um-Jimin do you know where Jungkook is? he's not picking up his phone, he said he doesn't want my brownies, how rude" Tae pouts.

"who's this Jungkook? he's been talking about him non-stop" Jin rolls his eyes playfully.

Oh no, Tae doesn't know.

"Tae-um--" Jimin walked towards the boy, his eyes filled with pity, how will he deliver the bad news.

"no" Tae pulled away when Jimin tried to hug him, he's seen a plenty of "I have bad news" hugs a lot.

 Tears pricked his eyes even before knowing what happened.

"Tae--um--Jungkook is in the hospital"

"oh? so why didn't he come here? where is he? is he standing outside?" Tae smiled.

"Tae-no...um--he was stabbed, its critical"

"No! no you are lying, this is some sick prank Jimin I swear to God" 

"Its true" Jimin pulled Tae into a hug, "he is in surgery, the doctor said he has only 30% of survial chance"

"No...this can't happen--not before--"

"You guys mind telling me what the hell is going on!?" Jin yelled.

****

Jimin sat down and explained everything to the both of them.

"So hoseok was behind everything?" Jin clenched his teeth.

"Yes, it turns out to be him"

"I don't remember the accident or anything that happened right after but I remember our conversation before, even then I still beleived that he was a good person"