26

Yoongi focus:

Flashback~

 A week passed after his parent's death and little Yoongi was sitting in their grave. He couldn't handle the pain of loss, he was sure that he wouldn't be able to survive this loss, he was angry that they didn't take him with them.

"God please, I beg you, take me to them, I don't want to live here alone" he puts his hands together and prays out loud, tears streaming down his face.

"If you leave then I'll be sad" A small voice is heard from behind.

Yoongi turns around to be met by an even little Hoseok.

They never really spoke to each other before this, they went to the same school, their dad's worked together, they saw each other on a daily basis, but neither were brave enough to start a conversation.

"Hoseok?"

"Hi Yoonie hyung" The boy waves.

"What are you doing here?" Yoongi wipes his eyes and stands up.

"I saw you here on the way to school, why aren't you coming to school?"

"I don't want to" Yoongi starts to walk away.

Hoseok follows him closely, his eyes trained on the ground.

Yoongi stops in his tracks and Hoseok unknowingly hit his head on Yoongi's back.

"Why are you following me?" Yoongi asks, his voice filled with annoyance.

Despite that, Hoseok smiles, "I don't want you to be alone. Let's be friends"

There was something in the way he smiled, a warmth, a genuineness, a softness of spirit Yoongi just couldn't pass up.

"okay then" Yoongi shrugs.

"um do you want a choco-pie?" Hoseok reaches into his bag and grabs the snack.

"Sure" Yoongi takes it from Hoseok's hand and opens it, "here" he split it into two halves and gave the bigger part to the younger, that's his way of showing that he is grateful for his presence.

"Let's skip school and go to the park" Hoseok offers.

"Won't your parents be mad if you skip school?"

"They wouldn't know, c'mon"

Once at the park Yoongi looks at Hoseok, "why?"

"what do you mean?"

"Why did you choose to talk to me now? after all this time? pity?" Yoongi asks.

"I don't know. The day after --you know--um--I saw you crying, I really couldn't understand, then my father was really sad, he said that he lost a friend and that you lost your parents, and that makes you feel like the lonliest person in the world--my father-I've never seen him cry--never, but he cried, and that pained me, I saw you crying and that pained me. I don't want you to cry" 

"This past week felt like a bad dream, every second of the day I felt a dark rainy cloud following me" Yoongi swallows.

"Then I'll be the sunshine in those rainy days, that's what best friends are supposed to be" Hoseok smiles.

"best friends huh? we talked to each other, 15 minutes ago for the very first time" Yoongi chuckles.

"and your point is?"

Yoongi shakes his head, "sure whatever you want hobi"

"You can sleep if you want, you look tired"