20

The four settle down in the couch after Jungkook offers them each a plate of breakfast.

"Damn Jungkook, it tastes so good" Jimin says after taking a bite. "I see why Tae agreed to whatever you've got going on"

"So what exactly is going on between you two?" Yoongi asks.

"Not clear for now but we are taking it extremely slow" Taehyung says.

"Extremely slow you say?"  Jimin rubs his chin, "extremely slow but he ended up in your bed after 5 minutes of his confession, interesting"

"Shut up. I'm new to this" Tae blushes.

"What about you guys?" Jungkook asks, taking the attention away from Tae.

"We didn't do anything other than holding hands and kissing occassionaly" Jimin answers and Yoongi nods, "if we are done with this little love chat, let's move on to the case"

Everyone nods and Yoongi fills them on what happened, from how they got the stashed notebook to finding out about someone who went around killing people.

"This case just got a 100 times more complicated" Jungkook says as he runs a hand through his hair.

"Very much so" Yoongi agrees. "We need to get back to the station and deal with the cases we already have. This info we got, let it stay among us. We have to be very careful on who we should involve"

"Okay" Jungkook gets up and looks at Tae who's very silent and dull. He wants to take him in his arms and promise him that things would be alright but he himself is not sure if things would be alright.

"Let's go" Yoongi moves to the door after giving a  kiss to Jimin. 

Jungkook nods and keeps looking at Tae until he looks at him. 

"Bye" Jungkook says with a soft smile and Tae returns it with a small wave.

As the duo exits the apartment Jimin sits near Tae who rests his head on him. "Jimin-ah"

"yes?"

"Will Jin hyung wake up?" 

"I wish he would" 

Tae wraps his arms around him, "did you really see someone walk to the car after the accident happened?"

"Yes, I think I did--what if he hit Jin hyung? I wasn't able to protect him " Jimin's voice cracks.

"We need to find whoever it was and make them pay" Tae says with determination.

Jimin nods and they end up falling asleep in the couch.

~~~~~~~

Yoongi and Jungkook upon reaching the station, talks to Namjoon about everything that happened and the detective took it upon himself to find the one responsible.

"I got the cases Seokjin was working on, it's a lot. But, I will find the connection"

"Okay you do that" Yoongi says. 

"Oh and Captain wants you to talk to detective Yang from the south precient" Namjoon says.

"Okay, I'll go now."

"Do I need to come?" Jungkook asks.

"No, stay here. That detective is nothing but a waste of time. We meet up with him every month so that things run smoothly around the city" Yoongi says and picks up his jacket, "I'll be back, do some paperwork or something"

Jungkook hums and picks up the stack of files to do his work.

40 minutes passed.

"Hey kid" A voice calls out to Jungkook, he turns his head to meet Hoseok's eyes. "Me?"