17

Jimin and Yoongi focus:

Jimin wakes up to a message from Yoongi, his boyfriend.

It feels weird, a good kind of weird, to call someone his boyfriend. Especially a detective, its dangerous, if Yoongi somehow finds out that Jimin did and has been doing illegal stuff, no matter how small, he's not going to like it. 

But for now, he's ready to take the risk. 

Jimin quickly changes into some casual outfit and decides on if he should wake up Tae and let him know that he's leaving. 

"'l'll let him sleep" Jimin mumbles and sends a birthday message so that when Tae wakes up, he'll be greeted by a lovely message.

15 minutes later Yoongi's at his door waiting for him. 

"Hi" Jimin blushes.

"Hi" Yoongi mirrors his action. "Shall we get going?"

"We shall" Jimin smiles and takes Yoongi's extended hand.

Yoongi leads Jimin to his car and opens the car door for him, "you should be treated like a prince"

Jimin giggles and gets in the car, "are we going to investigate or are we going on a date?"

Yoongi chuckles, "We can use it however we want"

After almost an hour of driving in silence, Jimin turns to Yoongi, "why exactly did you take up this case?"

"what do you mean? I already said that it looked suspicious" 

"You said that this case feels similar to the cases you took recently, under the radar, why did you take up those cases randomly ? must have a pretty good reason for it" Jimin says.

"It all leads up to one main case I've been trying to solve" Yoongi replies.

Jimin nods and stays silent for a minute but then utters, "It's something personal, isn't it? "

"Why do you say that?"

"When talking about the case back in the hospital---the minute you said that you were going to take up this case Namjoon hyung--I mean detective Kim--was surprised---was worried. To be exact, he was shocked that you were taking up a Hit and run case." Jimin says.

Yoongi glaces at Jimin and back at the road, "You are smart" he smiles. "Yes. The case...The victims were my parents" he swallows the lump, "What's worse is that ---I was there--I am the only survivor"

Jimin's eyes widen, "God, I'm sorry you had to go through that"

"Back then--I couldn't do anything, I remembered something, my dad and mom knew something, I remember the tension before the accident. The case was an open shut one, but I couldn't let go. I just know that its not a simple hit and run case, it was a pattern--same type of murders happened throughout this decade. "

Jimin stays silent.

Yoongi speaks again, "I know how you feel Jimin. You were with your brother when the accident happened, you are sitting here perfectly fine but your brother is still in the hospital bed. I know that you feel guilty but you have to stay strong baby, its not your fault" 

A tear rolls down Jimin's face, "We need to find whoever responsible for causing our family such a pain"

"If only I can remember  who my dad was speaking to just before the accident, I could do something with it" Yoongi tilts his head annoyed.

A thought strikes Jimin, "Your father was speaking to someone? like in a phone call ?--"

"No. In person--why did your brother get a phone call?"