12

Jimin and Yoongi focus:

"Yoongi?" 

"Jimin" the said boy nods.

"I'm Namjoon" Namjoon says as he finishes examining his leg for a bruise.

Yoongi glares at Namjoon.

"Wait, You two Know each other?" Namjoon asks.

"Yes, You know Jimin ?" Yoongi asks with the same tone.

"Yes, ofcourse. He is Jin's younger brother" he pats Jimin on the shoulder a little hard for Yoongi's liking.

Yoongi squints his eyebrows at Namjoon making him remove his hand from the small boy's shoulder.

"Hyung ? what are you doing here?" Jimin asks looking at Yoongi.

"I'm a detective,remember? I work with Namjoon?" Yoongi says.

"Oh?" Jimin blinks for a second. Why does everything lead them to each other? he turns his attention to Namjoon.

"Hyung did you find any leads?" he asks hopefully.

Namjoon looks away with guilt, "I'm sorry Jimin, I was ordered to drop the case. It's leading no where"

Jimin swallows the lump in his throat and looks at his feet, "It's okay hyung, I understand"

"If It was upto me, I would take this case and will never rest until the culprit is found. But, unfortunately its not up to me." Namjoon sighs.

All through this conversation Yoongi was going through the file Namjoon had. It contained all the information and progress about the case.

He saw Jimin's expression. It pained him. He never took hit and run cases because it always reminds him of his parents and that tragic incident of his life.

"What if I say that there is a way?" Yoongi's mouth utters before he could control it.

"What?" Namjoon looks at him.

"Let me work on this case"

"What? You do realize that it's a hit and run case right?" Namjoon asks with wide eyes.

"Yes I do" the older takes a deep breath.

Jimin doesn't understand what's going on but he feels the tension in the room.

"What are you planning to do?" Namjoon asks again.

"I'll investigate it. Something doesn't feel right. It feels almost similar to the cases I've taken up recently" Yoongi lets him know about the breakthrough he made, "10 unsolved hit and run cases that happened in the past decade has some similarities. I can feel it. I think we may be dealing with a serial killer or an organization of killers"

"What!?" Jimin exclaims. "You are saying that ----no---it can't be—are you saying that our accident was planned by someone!?"

Yoongi sighs, he shouldn't have said this infront of him.

"Then lets go to the captain. Ask for his help"

"We still don't know anything. What if the government is involved in it?, Captain wouldn't be able to do anything."

"What!? We can't base it on just a hunch Yoongi!" Namjoon runs a finger through his hair.

"Think about it, all those who died where either, Police officers, detectives or politicians"

"But—but my hyung—he was just a prosecutor—he never got involved in huge cases—there's no connection" Jimin shakes his head.

"Do you possibly know the last case he was dealing with?"