30

2 week later

It's been 2 weeks  since Yoongi and Jimin spoke or even saw each other.

Yoongi hated everything, hated how he fell in love, how he focused more on his love life than he did on his police work. 

He hated everything but he couldn't bring himself to hate Jimin.

So instead, he started convincing himself that he wasn't in love with Jimin at all, that he never fell in love in the first place. 

Jimin was just a fool's gold - something that you think will be very pleasent and attractive but is not. 

...

Jimin on the other hand, grew so cold. He was quiet, he wasn't cheerful at all.

He somehow gathered and borrowed some money to pay for the hospital bill.

But only when he signed the formalities form, he knew that the operation would have only a 60% chance of working.

He had to take that 60% or else he would forever be guilty of letting his brother go through multiple painful shocks a day and die eventually. The operation was the best bet.

...

Yoongi and Jungkook had been taking up case after case, lately they've been dumped with a lot of cases. Yoongi doesn't mind because it helps him keep his mind occupied.

Namjoon is still trying to decrypt the pendrive.

Taehyung and Jungkook haven't been meeting up much because both are busy with their own things. 

Taehyung took multiple shifts at the bar so that he could rise some money.

...

Taehyung sighed as he was cleaning the bar table on the afternoon.

The club was closed but he heard the door open.

'Can't you read we are closed" he says with an annoyed tone, not bothering to look up.

"oh sorry"

It was Jungkook.

 "oh hi"

"Hi"

"what are you doing here?" 

There was some tension between them.

"We just finished a case around here,and we are done for the day, thought we could get a drink" Jungkook said.

'he came for drinks, not for me' Taehyung rolled his eyes, he knows he's being immature. He is in one of those mood swings today.

"we? " Taehyung looked behind Jungkook to see Yoongi walking in with an unimpressed look.

"oh you" Tae glared at him. "fine c'mon I could offer you guys something"

Both the detectives sits down and within seconds Tae brings two tall glasses and hands one to Jungkook, his favourite.

"Thanks" the boy smiles.

Taehyung simply nods, not returning the gesture. Jungkook frowns.

Tae hands another to Yoongi and the detective takes a sip, "This is the most disgusting thing ever"

"oh Just like you" Tae rolled his eyes.

Jungkook stilled, 'what is he doing?'

"What did you say?" Yoongi asked.

"You broke my best friend's heart, what do you want me to say, thanks to you asshole, he isn't being himself. You stole the light from him"

Yoongi stands up and Jungkook runs to stand between those two, "guys"

"Oh yeah? You should be thankful that I didn't arrest him, you know that I could arrest your ass too right?"

Taehyung simply stared.

"I know about you too, got quite a record Kim Taehyung, just be grateful that I am not arresting you" Yoongi snapped.

"Oh wow! thank you !! should I get on my knees and thank you for that your majesty!?" Taehyung replies with sass.

"Okay how about we all calm down" Jungkook says. "Hyung please, don't" he says when he sees Yoongi's clenched fist.

"You think I can't handle this" Tae scoffs, "bring it on asshole, I would love to punch you"

"Be careful Jungkook, maybe he is using you too" Yoongi rolls his eyes at Taehyung.

"The fuck do you know?" Tae grits his teeth.

"Do you love him then? open your mouth and say it!"

"Fuck you ! you know nothing about love" Taehyung steps forward but Jungkook grabs his arms.

"Shut the fuck up" Jungkook snaps, "both of you, geez" 

"whatever I'm leaving" Yoongi walks out.

"Please be considerate Tae, he is going through stuff too, after all he is just a human. Being kind wouldn't hurt" Jungkook says.

Taehyung feels like he's being looked down on. He feels like he is being treated like a child going through a temper tantrum, well maybe he is but he is so annoyed and it hurts his pride.

"Don't tell me what to do" he pulls his arm away from Jungkook and takes the drink back.

Tae once again looks at Jungkook who has a sad expression on his face, "Don't look at me like that!" he yells.

"like what?" Jungkook furrows his eyebrows.

"Like I'm such a lost cost"

"I'm not" Jungkook says firmly.

"whatever, leave" Taehyung points to the door.

"I thought you wanted to hook up or go on a date" Jungkook says.

"I'll find someone else" Taehyung said it out of anger, he wasn't particulary angry at Jungkook, but oh boy he regretted it the second he looked at the younger's eyes.

"What did you just say?" Jungkook's complete personality changed, its like he turned on a switch inside him.

Taehyung was reckless, "I-I said that I will find someone else to hook up with"

"What the fuck Taehyung!? what part of 'you are exclusively mine' don't you understand?" Jungkook stepped closer, he was fuming. 

Taehyung was a bit turned on, but more importanly he sensed the hurt in Jungkook's voice.

He wanted to apologize and that would be the right thing to do, but Taehyung was Taehyung, ofcourse he would choose the most stupidest and dumbest way which would lead him to his death.

"So what if I want to hook up with someone else?" he pushed back.

"You can't" Jungkook growled.

"How will you stop me? You are going to arrest me officer?" Taehyung mocked.

oh boy. That was a bad decision.