43: Engaged

"Are you kidding me?" You shooked your head and giggled at his reaction when he opened the box wider to make sure.

"the complete Sherlock Holmes all 4 Novels and 56 stories!?" You only smiled at your Boyfriend who was acting like a 3 year old who just got his new toy. He grabbed the novel, still not believing that you brought it for him.

"how!? I've been dying to find this book! your seriously the best!" You scratch the back of your neck and blushed a little.

"you told me that you wanted this book but couldn't find it. I tried to search it online but couldn't find it too but then, do you remember my cousin Minho? He was in london and I asked him to bring this. he also said that this was the last book so consider yourself very lucky"

He's tearing up a bit and that made you coo at him. He placed the paperbag in the back seat and faced you. He wrapped he's arms around your waist.

"I love you so much" Taehyung pecked your lips multiple times but then something striked you.

"I need to tell you something Tae" He only hummed as his kisses started trailing down your neck. His wet kisses were making it difficult for you to speak.

"I have to go s-somewhere today with my parents"

"And where's that somewhere, my love?"

He spoke in the crook of your neck because he was giving you a hickey. He licked the spot where he bit.

"our family just got invited Tae I don't know where it is" He stopped and looked at you. He smiled.

"I'm going somewhere tonight too so don't you dare hang out with boys Choi y/n" You giggled and nodded before taehyung leaned in to kiss your lips once again.

"let's get you home"

Holding the glass of wine you took a sip. letting the bittersweet taste travel down your Throat. You closed your eyes in delight and placed the glass back onthe table.

"don't drink too much I'm not gonna carry you this time"

You rolled your eyes at your best friend's remark who was sitted beside you, drinking he's own wine. He's also here since he's the heir of Min's company.

Soon you and yoongi will take place of your father's company.

You Just realized that your invited for a proposal party which means that someone is getting engaged today. You look at the boy beside you and he's already winking at girls.

"I bet your getting laid tonight"

"bitch you know I can't stand without girls, mind your business you have a boyfriend to fuck with" you gave out a very dramatic gasp.

"Hey! Don't bring my Taehyung into this!" Yoongi only rolled his eyes before he heard you speake again.

"By the way, what did you do with that guy named Kai?"

"You don't have to know that, all you need to know is that he and his members now have a piece of mind" He leaned in before flicking your forehead.

"And none of them would annoy you again" you shrugged and continued your kitten sips of wine.

"do you know who's party is this?"

"I heared its of Kim Company and Mr kim's son is about to get married soon. Maybe Today is he's engagement"

You suddenly started feeling uneasy, your heartbeat increased. You brushed of the negative thoughts but yoongi noticed your tensed figure.

"you okay?" You faked a smile and nodded your head.

Suddenly you heard a voice from the front. Mr kim was holding the Mic and was about to speak.

"First of all I would like to thank you all for attending this lovely night that we have arranged"

You look at Mr kim as sweat started forming around your forehead.

Why am I feeling like something wrong is about to happen?

"As you all know this party is for my one and only son who has helped me a lot in the company. he is also the reason behind our successful company. I'm really proud to have a son like him and tonight I would like to introduce you all to my son"

You glance at your parents table and they are bored af.

You stood up and told your best friend that your going to use restroom cause you weren't feeling well. You were walking but stopped when you heared Mr kim's words.

"Meet my son, Kim Taehyung"

You halted your steps when you heared your boyfriend's name. You slowly turned around and saw him looking all expensive but that's not the case.

He's the son of your parents rival in business..

You felt a sharp pain in your chest as you froze on your spot. You walked slowly towards the front where you can see Taehyung nicely.

"Mr bae, my business partner and one of my best pal's daughter is engaged with my son"

Taehyung saw a girl walking up the stage and she was probably the girl he's dad was talking about.

Another stab in your heart. You couldn't believe that the man who said that he loves you the most was engaged all this while and you didn't even notice.

The girl went beside Taehyung with a wide smile while Taehyung glanced at his father with a very surprised expression.

"Everyone meet my soon to be daughter in law, Miss bae joo-hyun"

〰️❣️〰️

Take your hands off what you can't control, and get your hands on what you can change
-Min Yoongi

Take your hands off what you can't control, and get your hands on what you can change-Min Yoongi