Chapter 2

Amalia POV

"You better impress them today Amalia. I want that pay check so no drama," my mom said as she dropped me off on set.

"Acting is drama," I replied sarcastically.

Before I blinked I felt her hand across my face.

"Get out," she said.

I unbuckled myself and opened the car door. I went to climb out but she grabbed my arm.

I turned at looked at her.

"Don't bother calling when you've finished. You're walking home tonight,"

I nodded and she released her grip on me. The second I closed the door, she drove off.
I made my way nervously on to set. Straight away one of the crew workers came up to me.

"Hi Amalia I'm Janet, I'm gonna show you to your trailer. Do you have a chaperone with you?" She asked.

I shook my head.

"Not to worry, I'm sure there's tonnes of people who will keep an eye on you. We're in the process of arranging a tutor for you as well. That's one of the reasons you've been given a trailer," she explained leading me across the car park.

We reached what I assumed to be my trailer as she stopped in front of one.

"This is you, you got a good spot. Danielle Savre is in the one next to you and Barrett and Stefania are super close too," she said, pointing to Danielle's trailer.

I felt a smile form on my face for the first time that day.

"If you wanna drop your stuff off now, I'll show you to hair and makeup," Janet smiled.

I took my phone out of my bag but left everything else and once again followed Janet.

"This is Amalia," she said, introducing me to everyone.

There was a chorus of hellos and I gave a shy wave in reply.

"Take a seat gorgeous," Louisa said kindly.

"We've had our instructions for today and you're in luck, we don't have to make you all sooty and smoky so we're gonna go in all pretty and natural," she explained.

"Have you got any makeup on already?" She asked.

I shook my head.

"Perfect let's make a start," she smiled.

As she was about to pull my hair back out of the way a bubbly voice entered the room. Through the mirror I watched Danielle walk in, a large smile plastered on her face.

"Good morning," she said happily, sitting herself down in the chair next to me.

"Morning," I replied nervously.

She turned to Bonnie and started up a conversation about her makeup for the day and Louisa recommenced prepping me.

She pulled my hair back again then paused to look at my face.

"Have you hit your face today?" She asked curiously.

I looked in the mirror and realised what she meant. There was a big red mark on the side of my face where my mom had slapped me.

Luckily, you couldn't really tell it was a handprint.

Danielle and Bonnie stopped their conversation to look as well. The unwanted attention made me blush, making the redness stand out even more.

I caught Danielle's eye in the mirror, she looked concerned. I quickly avoided any more eye contact.

"I think I just slept funny on my pillow," I shrugged, unable to think of a better explanation on the spot.

I watched Danielle frown but she didn't press anything.

"We can get that covered up, not to worry," Louisa said.

"How many scenes are you in today?" Danielle asked.

"Just two today," I smiled.

"Feeling ready?" She asked.

"I'm a bit nervous. I know my lines but everyone's just so good," I admitted to her.

She reached out and took my hand, giving it a gentle squeeze.

"You'll be amazing, you wouldn't be here if you weren't," she said encouragingly.

"Thank you, one of them is with you," I said.

"I know it is sweetheart, so no need to worry," she smiled, releasing my hand.

I felt a little less nervous now. My hair and makeup was soon finished and I was taken to wardrobe.

I was glad they hadn't sorted a school tutor out yet. I didn't fancy that on my first day. I spent the next 30 minutes or so going over my lines in my trailers before heading to stage 3.

I wasn't too nervous about this first scene. It wasn't a big one which I was glad about.

I couldn't stand still, I was fidgeting all over the place.

"You're like Stefania," Danielle said, coming to stand next to me.

I looked up at her in confusion.

"She can't stand still either," she explained.

I nodded understandingly.

"I can't help it," I said.

"It's alright, you're just a little nervous. Take some deep breaths," she told me.

"Wanna run lines?" She asked.

"Please," I replied.

We ran lines and worked out some movement. Although we were acting, it felt incredibly natural. Just like at the table read.

"Okay actors on set," the director called.

"Ready?" She winked.

I took one more big breath and nodded.

Danielle POV

Acting out that first scene with Amalia was amazing. Despite it being our first ever scene together there wasn't any awkwardness. We were instantly in synch.

She was so young but so professional.

After seeing her in hair and makeup this morning, I was a little worried about how she would handle everything. Turns out I was worrying for nothing, she hid those nerves away the second the director called action.

He called cut and we both stopped to look around.

Everyone was silently staring at us.

"Did I do something wrong?" Amalia asked, her voice suddenly full of panic.

"Not at all sweetheart," I grinned.

"They're impressed," I assured her.

Simon, our director for this episode, got up out of his chair to walk over to us.

"We've not had silence like that on set since your first scene with Stefania Danielle," he said.

"Amalia, great job," he added, reaching out his hand to pat her on the back.

I watched as she ever so slightly flinched. It went undetected by everyone else but I definitely saw something.

"Thank you," she replied to him.

"Alright Amalia, you've got a bit of a break now, Danielle see you on stage 2 in fifteen minutes," he said, turning to go talk to the crew.

"Well done Amalia, how you feeling now?" I asked her.

"Better," she chuckled.

"Good, now go enjoy your break. I'll see you later," I smiled, gently putting my hand on her shoulder.

She didn't flinch for me.

"See you," she smiled softly.

Authors note-

So what we thinking ??????

Like or no??

All the acting / set stuff I'm completely making up. I'm absolutely clueless with all that 😂🤦🏼‍♀️