Chapter 144

Danielle POV

"She seems very unsettled this morning," Stefania whispered, leaning forward against the kitchen counter, her coffee cup warming her hands.

The two of us discreetly watching over Amalia who was sat in the lounge playing with Ford.

"She's planning on talking to Carter today about leaving the show," I sighed, offering her an explanation for why Amalia appeared more jittery.

"Ahhhh, does she want us with her?" Stefania asked, taking another sip of her cappuccino.

"No I don't think so. When you were showering, she asked if she can go to Starbucks with him after they finish their scene this morning," I informed her.

"Starbucks?" Stef frowned, remembering the last time Amalia had told us she was going there.

"I know," I sighed, feeling a little triggered myself.

"What've you said?" Stefania asked.

"I told her I'd check with you but it would probably be fine. She would definitely be going with Carter and I trust him completely to keep her safe," I said, keeping my voice quiet so Amalia couldn't hear.

"Okay," Stefania nodded. We both knew we couldn't keep her wrapped in cottonwool forever.

"Has she had breakfast?"

I nodded, "She's had half a smoothie and I managed to get her to eat a piece of toast."

"How did you manage that?" Stefania smirked.

"By putting small pieces into her mouth while she was distracted playing with Ford. I swear she's half teenager, half toddler," I chuckled.

"Whatever gets food in her," Stef shrugged, finishing her coffee and placing the mug in the sink.

"Ready to go?" She asked.

"Yeah,"

"Amalia bubba, get ready to leave," I called over to her.

She lifted her head and looked over at me anxiously.

"It's okay, why don't you put Ford on his leash?" I smiled softly, giving her another little job as a distraction.

She got herself ready before sorting Ford and waited patiently by the door for Stefania and I.

"Let's go bambina," Stefania said calmly, gently placing a kiss on Amalia's forehead.

Having Ford and Jeff in the back of the car with Amalia proved to be the best thing to keep Amalia settled as the dogs were crazy. She didn't have time to let her mind wonder as she spent the entire ride to set attempting to keep the dogs under control.

"Mom you can go in the backseat on the way home," she said as Stefania pulled into her usual parking space.

"I think you did a great job, I don't know what you're talking about," I said sarcastically, turning around to look at her.

"I'm exhausted," she said dramatically, Ford climbing all over her lap.

"Come on bella, mama will help now," Stefania smiled, getting out of the car to get one of the dogs.

Stefania took Jeff and I grabbed hold of Ford.

"Hey who's gonna hold me if you both have a dog?" Amalia pouted, crossing her arms over her chest playfully.

"You, my little girl, can walk today," I winked, kissing her nose before walking across the parking lot.

"But they have twice the number of legs than I do," Mali added.