Chapter 47

Danielle POV

"Come on munchkin, let's go," I smiled, picking up my keys from the side table.

"Munchkin?" She said, raising her eyebrow as she stood up from the sofa.

"I don't know, it felt like a munchkin moment," I shrugged, ruffling her hair as she reached me by the door.

"Hey," she playfully whined, flattening it back down.

"You're in a weird mood today," she laughed as the two of us climbed into my car.

"I am?" I asked, turning on the engine and reversing out of the drive.

"Yeah you're all giddy," she said, watching me for my reaction.

"I'm just happy Mali," I smiled warmly, thinking about last night with Stefania.

"Wanna know a secret?" I asked, needing to tell somebody.

"Yeah," she nodded excitedly.

"Last night, Stefania told me she loved me," I said, a smile plastered across my face.

"Oh my god finally!" Mali said happily.

"Did you say it back?" She asked, gossiping with me like I were a teenager.

"Of course I did, I've felt it for a long time now," I admitted.

"When she tell you?" She asked.

"Ermm," I paused, not knowing how to explain this to her.

"When we were just in bed last night," I said, hoping it was enough of an answer.

"So cute, you're both perfect," she grinned.

I smiled and continued down the road, Amalia was right, life was feeling pretty perfect.

"How're you feeling about therapy Mali?" I asked, not knowing how this was gonna go.

Out the corner of my eye, I saw her turn to look out of the window. I reached out and took hold of her hand, keeping it tightly in mine.

"I don't know," she shrugged.

"Do you think she'll let you stay with me?" She asked nervously.

"I'm sure she will if that's what you want Mali. Do you not want to speak to her without me though? You might find it easier to open up?" I suggested.

"No you can't leave me. Please Danielle don't go," she panicked, turning to look at me.

"Okay okay sunshine," I said calmly.

"I'm not going anywhere," I assured her.

She nodded, her chest still rising and falling.

"Come on beautiful, let's go," I smiled warmly as I pulled up outside Carla's office.

Amalia moved slowly, her hand shaking as she opened the car door. I walked around the car and stood in front of her, bending my knees slightly to her height.

"You've got this Mali," I assured her, squeezing her hands in mine.

She nodded and remained close to my side as we walked up the short path to the office building. There were a few different therapists working in this building, I asked for Carla at reception and was given directions to her office.

"This way Mali," I smiled, taking hold of her hand and leading her down to the bottom of the corridor.

I knocked on the door and felt Amalia take a step closer, her other hand moving to told on to my arm.