Chapter 10

Amalia POV

"Lia look at this," Danielle said, holding out her phone to show me the picture of everyone at the top of the hike trail.

"Jay looks tired," I pointed out.

Danielle laughed and scrolled through the other photos.

"This one's cute," she said, showing me a photo of the two of us that Barrett took. It was from behind of the two of us walking and holding hands.

"Can I post it on my Instagram?" she asked.

"Sure," I agreed.

My own phone buzzed.

It was my mom.

***Where the hell are you?***

I replied quickly reminding her that I was away filming but I didn't tell her exactly where.

***Get yourself home***

***The boys have more drinks for you***

I felt my hands shaking as I typed out a reply, letting her know I wouldn't be back tonight.

"Ready to go down for dinner ?" Danielle asked, making me jump a little.

"Y-yeah," I stuttered.

"Are you okay sweetheart?" she asked, pausing by the door.

"All good," I smiled, jumping up to join her.

She eyed me suspiciously but I wacked on my signature "we're gonna pretend everything's alright" look and carried on walking.

The hotel restaurant had kindly pushed tables together so that the whole cast and crew could be together. Onset and acting out scenes I was completely fine, casually in a room with this many people I felt sick. I could feel the butterflies already churning my stomach.

I didn't know where to sit. I didn't know what to eat. I could feel my phone buzzing in my pocket and I knew without even looking that it was my mom. I chose to ignore her and left the messages unread.

I stopped and looked around the restaurant and tried to take it all in.

I felt someone pull me towards a table, I looked up and saw that Barrett had taken hold of my hand and was leading me towards where her and Jaina were sat.

"You look like you've caught the sun," Barrett laughed as Danielle sat on the other side of me.

"Damn it! Bonnie's going to kill me if I'm burnt!" she wined.

"I've got something you can put on your skin tonight," Stefania said, joining the conversation.

I watched as Danielle's cheeks got a little redder and I don't it was from the sun.

"So what we eating?" Danielle asked.

"It's a buffet I think, just go up and get what you want," Jaina explained.

I mentally sighed with relief, I hate ordering food.

"Come on sweetie," Danielle said, gesturing for me to join her.

We all got up and grabbed a plate. The amount on offer was overwhelming in itself.

Once we'd plated up what we wanted, we claimed our table again. As it was set up as a buffet, the waiters busied themselves with bringing round drinks and jugs of water.

I distracted myself with my glass of water while everyone began their meal.

"You're gonna have to eat at some point," Danielle whispered discreetly, seeing me take yet another sip of water.