Chapter 149

Danielle POV

"There's my girls," I said when I saw Amalia and Stef walk in the house.

"Go give Danielle her drink bambina, I'll sort the groceries," Stefania said, putting one bag down and heading back out to the car.

"We got you coffee mom," Amalia said, heading straight over to me.

"Thank you sweetheart," I smiled, taking the white Starbucks cup from her.

"Did you not get a drink?" I asked, sitting myself down on the sofa.

"Yeah, we got one for Effie too but I'm waiting for her to get here before I have mine,"

"That's kind of you bub, when will she be here?" I asked.

"Any minute," Amalia said, now looking a little nervous.

"Hey," I said, reaching for her arm and pulling her towards me.

She climbed onto my lap and I put my coffee free arm around her.

"You're at home, mama and I are both here, you're in control Mali," I told her firmly.

"You're here," she said quietly, leaning down against me.

I kissed the top of her head and took a sip of my coffee.

"I am, but you won't need me, you'll be too busy having fun with Effie," I assured her.

"But what if I do need you ?" Amalia asked, moving her hand and starting to pull down on my shirt.

I quickly took hold of it and held it in mine.

"Ahh ahhh no bubba, not now," I sighed, running my thumb over the back of her hand.

"If you do need me, I'm right here. But remember what we've talked about sweetheart. I know we're at home but we've got a guest coming over haven't we?" I said softly, not wanting her to get upset.

"So no mommy time?" Amalia asked me.

"No you can have me if you want but just maybe not my chest," I winked.

"Okay no boob I get it," Amalia nodded against me.

"That's my girl," I smiled, squeezing her little body to me.

"Bambina?" Stefania called from the doorway, getting us both to look over.

"Look who I found heading up the driveway?" Stef smiled, gesturing to Effie walking in behind her.

"Hi," the young teen waved shyly, looking over at Amalia and I a little nervously.

"Hi sweetie, it's so great to see you," I greeted her.

"Why don't you two go straight into the kitchen and grab a snack. I bet you're starving after school right?" I said, knowing Amalia might not know how to handle having a guest over.

"Yeah a little," Effie smiled.

"Go get your Starbucks too bubba," I said, patting Amalia's thighs gently and getting her to hop off my lap.

"I got us the strawberry açai ones to try," Amalia told her.

"Aww yes!" Effie said excitedly, following Mali into the kitchen. 

Once the girls had left the room, Stefania came to sit beside me. I lifted my arm for her and sighed contentedly as she curled her legs underneath her.

"Are you okay my love?" I asked, knowing she'd been running around all morning.

"Si bellina, a little tired," she chuckled.