Chapter 35

Danielle POV

"Okay make sure you eat breakfast, I'll try to be as quick as I can," I said assuringly, panicked slightly myself at the thought of leaving Amalia at home.

Amalia looked up at me from the kitchen table and nodded silently. That was fine, her eyes told me everything I needed to know, she didn't want me to leave.

I walked back over to her and crouched down, resting my hands on her thighs.

"You'll be absolutely fine with Stefania baby," I whispered.

"Can't I come with you?" She asked for the tenth time that morning.

"No sweetheart I'm sorry. I want to keep you away from people as much as possible. I don't want you getting sick Mali," I sighed.

"You're coming straight back right?"

"As soon as I've dropped everything off at my moms I'll be on my way home," I nodded.

"Okay, you be safe too," she said seriously.

I smiled and ran my thumb over the back of her hand.

"I will sunshine," I said, standing back up and grabbing my mask and purse.

Stefania finished making her coffee but set it down to walk me to the door.

"She's shaken up, keep an eye on her," I whispered, not wanting Mali to hear us.

"I will, try not to worry. Be careful with everything alright, wear your mask, hand sanitise.."

I cut her off with a kiss.

"Now you're the one who needs to stop worrying," I smirked, still only a centimetre away from her.

She rolled her eyes and pulled me back in for another kiss, I had to use everything in me to not to collapse and moan into her.

"Okay okay, I need to go," I laughed, finally breaking away.

"Remember her therapy is at 11:00, my laptop is set up but I'll try to be back in time," I said quickly, rushing down the driveway.

I stopped and smiled as Stefania waved from the doorway before I got into my car.

I drove off towards the store and had an instant ache from being away from my girls. They were my girls. I realised now that I'd never felt anything like this for anyone. I'd never had such strong maternal feelings until Amalia came along and I'd definitely not had romantic feelings this strong until Stefania.

And they were both at home waiting for me.

My home, with me.

Driving to the store, I realised that I should probably explain to my mom everything that's been going on. I'd told my sister Stephanie and she'd agreed to let me wait until I was ready before telling my mom.

This was the first time I'd been alone for a while and the pull I had to turn around and just be back with Mali and Stefania was strong enough for me to realise that I was ready to tell my mom....

Amalia POV

Danielle had just left.

My chest felt so tight and constricted. It was like all the anxiety I was feeling was sat right on top of my lungs, making every breath hurt.

I sat silently, staring at my breakfast but now feeling too anxious to eat. Stefania closed the front door and came back to pick up her coffee.

I watched as she picked up a set of keys and walked out the kitchen.