Chapter 151

Danielle POV

"Come on sweetie, we gotta get up now," I said to Amalia who was still half asleep on my chest.

"Do we have to?" She whined, nestling her face against me.

"I'm afraid so. Stef's already gone to work and you need to go check on Effie," I pointed out.

"And I need to wipe your dribble off my boob," I chuckled, trying to sit up and lift her off me.

"I'm sorry," she said quickly, her face reddening.

"Hey," I said, gently holding her chin and lifting her gaze to meet mine.

"You can sleep on me anytime, you know that," I told her firmly.

She nodded, still looking a little embarrassed.

"Now go check on Effie while I shower, then I'll sort breakfast okay?" I smiled, leaning forward and nuzzling my nose with hers.

"Okay," she giggled, finally letting go of me completely and moving to climb out of bed.

"Mommy?"

"Yeah sunshine?" I asked, glancing over at her.

"What time is mama going to the airport?" Mali asked when she was near the door.

"6pm," I replied.

"Will she be home from set before she goes to get them?" She asked, chewing on her lip a little anxiously.

"I don't know sweetheart, I guess it depends how long filming takes," I told her honestly.

"Okay," she nodded, turning and leaving me alone in my room.

I'd put my money on her wanting some time with Stef before her nieces arrive this evening.

I quickly showered, washed my hair and wrapped myself in a towel before brushing my teeth and applying my skincare.

Drying my hair, I ran through the plan for the day in my head, not really getting much further than dropping Effie back home.

Once dressed in jeans and a cream jumper, I made the bed and headed to see how the girls were getting on.

I smiled as I heard giggling coming from Amalia's room and paused outside before knocking on the door.

"Come in," I heard Mali's sweet voice call.

"Good morning Effie, are you both alright?" I asked, seeing that Ford and Jeff had already made their way into Amalia's room and onto her bed.

"Morning Dani," Effie smiled.

"We're good mom," Amalia added.

"Why don't you two get dressed and ready for the day while I make breakfast?" I suggested.

"Pancakes sound good?" I added.

"Yes please," Effie nodded politely.

"Mali?"

"Y-yeah okay," she stuttered, putting on her signature fake smile.

Another sign she was anxious about today. She probably wasn't feeling very hungry.

"Come join me in the kitchen when you're both ready then yeah?" I said, not letting on that I knew anything was wrong with Amalia.

"Ford, Jeff," I said, getting both dogs to lift their heads and look over to me.

"You're coming with me now, you can go out to the garden," I said, laughing when they both jumped down from the bed and rushed out the room.

"Crazy kids," I smirked, following the dogs and leaving Effie and Amalia alone again.