Chapter 109

Amalia POV

"You know you're gonna have to let go of mama at some point bambina," Stefania whispered when they began styling her hair.

"That point isn't right now though," I said matter of factly, keeping tight hold of her hand.

"Are you going to be okay?" She asked seriously.

"I think so," I nodded, feeling a little anxiety sitting on my chest.

"Omg are my eyes deceiving me or has Stefania finally brought my favourite girl to work!!"

Mama and I turned our heads to see Jaicy entering the room.
Mama laughed at her and held her hands up defensively.

"She works on Station 19, it's not my fault," mama said.

"Get over here now missy!" Jaicy demanded playfully.

I glanced at Stef, torn between moving to Jaicy and wanting to climb up onto her lap.

"Go on bambina, she's missed you," Stefania said, squeezing my hand before letting go.

"And she's crazy," mama joked, earning an eye roll from Jaicy.

"Come here you beautiful squish," Jaicy said, pulling me straight into her arms.

Realising myself how much I'd missed her, I held her tight, laughing as she spun us both around and squealed.

"Stefania, I need this girl over here more often," Jaicy said seriously, stopping spinning but not letting go of me.

"I'll do my best," Stefania laughed, looking at us through the mirror as she was having her hair pinned up.

"What time are you due on set?" She asked mama.

"10:00," she replied with her signature smile.

"Me too, guess you're not gonna get my company for long then squish," she sighed, ruffling my hair.

"Have you met any of the new cast from this season yet?" Jaicy asked me.

"The ones playing the new interns?" I confirmed.

"Yeah those," she nodded.

"No not yet, I've never really been around here before. I only know a few people," I told her.

"Want me to introduce you to anyone while Stefania's getting ready?" She asked.

I looked at Stef, not ready to go exploring without her yet.

"No thanks, maybe later," I smiled.

"Bambina," Stefania said, getting my attention.

I moved away from Jaicy and back to mama's chair.

"I've gotta go in five minutes bella. Feel free to explore but don't go too far from here or my trailer si?" She said seriously.

"I won't mama, how many scenes are you in?" I asked, trying to gauge how long she'd be.

"Only two bambina. I shouldn't be too long," she smiled, tucking a piece of my hair back behind my ear.

I suddenly felt a sharp cramp in my stomach and winced.

"Oh bella, are you still in pain?" Stefania sighed.

"Yeah," I said quietly.

She reached down into her bag and pulled out a bottle of water and a packet of pain relief.

"Here you go bambina," she said, taking two out and handing them to me.

"Grazie mama," I smiled, taking a step closer to her chair and leaning into her. She moved her arm around my waist.