Chapter 146

Danielle POV

"Go get changed into some comfy clothes bambina," Stefania said when we got back home.

"Then we're talking," I called after Amalia when she headed towards her bedroom.

"I don't want to," she shouted back stubbornly.

"Tough!" I said, trying not to laugh at her little pout.

"I'm gonna go get changed too bellina, these jeans are squeezing me," Stefania said, her arm sliding around my waist before she leant down to kiss my cheek.

"Your ass looks great though," I winked, resting my hand on her.

"Cheeky," she laughed when I gently slapped her, turning and shaking her hips as she walked away.

I bit down on my lip at the thought of her and kicked off my own shoes before putting them away in the closet by the door.

I made all three of us a drink and carried them through back into the lounge. I let the dogs out into the back yard and waited for Stefania and Mali to join me.

Stefania returned first, looking much more comfortable and relaxed now that she'd changed.

"She's been a long time," I said when Amalia didn't show.

"We've been home twenty minutes now si," Stefania frowned, glancing over at the clock.

"I'll go check," I said, putting my drink down and getting up off the sofa.

"Mali sweetheart," I said softly, not wanting to make her jump as I pushed open her bedroom door.

I found her sat on the floor of her room, concentrating on the next step of building her Lego.

"Amalia Cora," I sang lightly, trying to get her attention.

"Come on bubba, mama and I want to talk," I said. 

She continued looking for the next piece of Lego she needed.

"Amalia," I said, my voice now a little firmer.

"Five minutes," she finally said, rummaging through the pieces.

"No bub now, you can carry on with this later," I told her.

"No!" She whined, hitting her fist on the floor.

"Watch the attitude Amalia," I warned, not wanting her to think it was okay.

"Come on, mama is waiting for us," I said calmly.

She carried on ignoring me.

"Amalia, don't make mommy come and carry you. Make the right choice," I added when she made no effort to move.

"Don't want to talk!" She said unhappily.

"I know sunshine but we need to don't we? We know it's not good to keep everything in our head," I said, crouching down beside her and resting my hand on her back.

She shook her head and moved to attach the piece she found to her model.

"Don't make me put you in a time out missy," I joked, wanting to keep the mood as light as possible.

"Noooo," she whined, not realising I was only joking.

"Then come talk to me and mama," I said, holding my hand out to her.

She finally turned away from the Lego and pushed herself up from the floor.

"Good girl," I praised, standing back up straight and taking her hand in mine.