Chapter 25

Amalia POV

"I'm just going to inject this into your arm to numb it," the doctor said, wiping an area of my arm with antiseptic.

I winced as he pushed the needle in.

Danielle reached over and took my free hand in hers.

"Hey look at me instead sunshine," she said, pulling my attention away from the deep gash down my arm.

"You'll need stitches but shouldn't feel them with that pain relief," he informed me.

"Will it scar?" I asked him nervously.

"Most likely but it will fade over time. I'll do the stitches as neat as possible for you," he smiled.

I nodded sadly.

"Mali," Danielle said.

I glanced up at her.

"Scars add character," she winked.

"But I'm an actor," I sighed.

"Makeup's amazing sweetheart, you've seen them cover my tattoos every day on set," she pointed out.

"Where's Stefania?" I asked, trying to change the subject.

"She's gone back to my place, she said she's running to the store first and then sorting dinner for when we get back," Danielle told me.

"She doesn't have to do that," I said.

"I think she wanted to feel useful. She'd be here right now if she could," Danielle smiled softly, running her thumb over the back of my hand.

The current hospital protocol due to coronavirus meant you couldn't go with anyone unless you were a minor. Danielle was allowed to stay with me but Stefania had to leave.

I'd calmed down a little since Danielle brought me here. The shock of what had happened had worn off a bit.

Now I just felt pain.

Pain in my arm and pain in my chest at what was said.

I never got used to their negative comments towards me. Each one chipped away at me.

My self confidence was shattered.

My self worth nonexistent.

I felt the doctor begin to stitch up my arm and winced, moving away a little.

"Try to stay still Amalia," he said kindly.

"It h-hurts," I whimpered.

Danielle used her thumb to wipe away my tears.

I flinched again as he attempted another stitched.

He stopped what he was doing.

"The stiller you are, the neater I can get them," he explained.

"Come here sunshine," Danielle said, standing my house and then taking my seat. She pulled my back down onto her knee. I held my arm out again for the doctor, feeing Danielle wrap her arms around my waist.

"You've got this Mali," she said encouragingly, running her hand through my hair.

I relaxed back into Danielle a little.

"Want me to tell you about the day I taught Barrett how to scuba dive?" She asked.

I nodded and leaned my head back against her as she began her story.

I focused on her voice, listening to every word she spoke.

"All done," the doctor said, putting down whatever he'd been using.