Chapter 19

Amalia POV

"Ready sunshine?" Danielle asked on Monday morning as we were about to leave for set.

"I think so," I smiled.

Danielle had let me wear her clothes all weekend and had washed mine so I had my own to wear to set before wardrobe gave me my clothes.

I'd ignored my moms messages and calls all weekend. Part of me was worried she'd call the police and Danielle would get into trouble but I knew deep down she didn't care enough to call them.

I felt more anxious than I'd felt in a long time as we drove to set. I felt that since opening up to Danielle and Stefania, everyone could see right through me. 

"Drink," Danielle said, point to the smoothie in my hand that she'd made me.

"I will," I said, looking out of the window.

"Amalia, you need to actually lift it to your mouth," she said sarcastically.

"I'm just a bit nervous," I admitted.

She reached out a hand to rest on my jittery thigh.

"Talk to me," she said calmly, keeping her eyes on the road.

"I've got to go home later," I sighed.

"Who said?" She asked simply.

"I can't stay away forever. My things are there,"

"And she's my mom," I added sadly.

Dani didn't reply for a moment, she pulled into the car park and drive into her usual space. Switching off the engine, she turned to face me.

"We will come up with a plan I promise. I think you need to tell the police Amalia," she said, taking hold of my hand.

"No! No police," I said quickly.

"I can't Danielle, I c-can't," I breathed out, feeling myself begin to panic.

"Hey Mali, look at me. Look at me," she said, tilting my head up to meet her gaze.

"I said we'd take it one step at a time. You're in control, we go with what you want," she explained slowly.

"I could come with you to get clothes and say we're shooting on location again?" She suggested.

I thought about it for a moment.

"That might work," I thought aloud.

"Then that's what we'll do," she said decisively.

"Feeling good to go to hair and makeup?" She asked.

I nodded and went to climb out of the car.

"Ahh ahh, not so fast," she said, reaching for my arm.

"Smoothie," she said, pointing to the bottle in my hand.

I sighed and rolled my eyes.

"If you're not going to look after yourself then at least let me look after you," Danielle said seriously.

I nodded and did as she asked, managing about half.

"That will do for now sunshine, let's go," she smiled, grabbing her phone and keys.

"Is Stefania working today?" I asked as we headed towards our trailers.

"No, she hasn't got any scenes today. She's in tomorrow," she replied.

"Good morning you two," Janet said, catching us but our trailers.

"Morning J," Danielle smiled.