Chapter 72

*One week later*

Danielle POV

"This was nice," I sighed happily, walking down the beach hand in hand with Stefania.

"It really was," she blushed shyly.

We'd taken an early morning walk to watch the sunrise, leaving Amalia to sleep in.

It felt special to have this private time with Stefania.

"I can't believe we're flying home this evening," I said sadly, looking out at the peaceful waves.

"It's been amazing," Stefania said happily, squeezing my hand in hers.

"Thank you for all of it, I've had the best time," I told her honestly.

"Anything for you bella," she whispered, stopping in her tracks.

She spun me around and stood behind me, wrapping her arms around my waist ans resting her chin on my shoulder. We stood together, looking out at the sea.

"I love you," I said, feeling a lump get caught in my throat.

Stefania released her grip on me a little, allowing me to turn and face her.

"Bellina what is it?" She asked gently, seeing my eyes fill with tears.

"I just love you. It's so overwhelming in the most fantastic way. I'm entirely consumed with love for you, it's literally bursting out of me," I chuckled, wiping away my tears.

"You're everything Danielle. You're my day, my night, my sky, my ocean, my everything bellina,"

Stefania's deep brown eyes met mine, locking in that emotion and those feelings.

"I love you bella," she whispered, tilting her head down.

Like when I was fifteen, butterflies filled my stomach, making my hands almost itch with charged energy.

She brought her hand to my neck, tilting my head sideways. We connected like two jigsaw pieces.

My body melted into her, not leaving a single gap of space. She moved her hands down my back, holding me close as we kissed.

Finally breaking apart, she placed a final soft kiss on my lips.

"Shall we make our way back to the hotel?" She suggested, entwining her hand with mine again.

"And pick up breakfast on the way?" I asked excitedly.

"Si bellina," she chuckled, swinging our arms as we walked.

"Do you think Amalia is okay?" Stefania asked.

"I'm hoping she's still asleep," I sighed, not wanting her sat anxiously waiting for us to come back.

"She knew we were coming out early though," Stefania pointed out.

"I know, and I know we spoke about her getting used to us not always being with her," I said a little anxiously.

"It won't always be possible when we're back at work bellina," Stefania said sadly.

"And she has school work," she added.

"I know, but it's different now. She's my baby," I pouted.

"I don't want to be away from her either," I admitted.

"Maybe you should discuss this with her therapist bella? Going back to work after a pandemic is a big change for anyone," Stefania suggested.

"I'll book an appointment with Carla when we're back," I agreed.