Chapter 156

Amalia POV

"Here bambina, can you hold Ford's leash while I grab some stuff?" Stefania asked as she opened my passenger door.

Vittoria climbed out the front and Chiara took hold of Jeff as she got out the other side to me.

It felt much warmer out than I'd expected and I kinda regretted throwing on Dani's sweater over my t-shirt & swimsuit.

I took the leash from Steff and Ford jumped around excitedly.

"Calm down," I laughed at him, watching him sniff all around us to figure things out.

"What's in that bag?" I asked Stefania as she closed the trunk locked her car.

"Did you bring any water with you?" She asked me, raising an eyebrow.

"No," I replied, looking down at the ground.

"Then it's a good job mama brought drinks and snacks isn't it?" She winked, gesturing to the large canvas bag she hung over her shoulder.

Chiara said something in Italian to Vittoria who then laughed, Stefania joining in. I looked away towards the ocean, feeling a little uncomfortable that I didn't understand them.

The girls continued talking to each other as we walked down the wooden steps towards the sand, all four of us looking for a quiet spot.

"Over there looks good," Stefania said, pointing out a little corner in the rocks that looked secluded enough for us.

We headed over and I prayed nobody noticed Stefania before we got there and settled.

"Look at Ford mama," I said, suddenly seeing the puppy jumping on the sand instead of walking properly.

"He's not used to it yet bella," Stef giggled.

"We won't be able to bring him when it gets too much warmer though because of his paws," she added with her signature pout.

"He'll have to go in the hot tub then instead of the sea," I said cheekily.

"Nice try bella," she winked.

"But he likes swimming," I defended.

"And your mom and I like hygiene," Stef laughed.

"Now lay your towel down," she said when we reached the spot we were heading for.

"Did Danielle put sunscreen on you bambina?" Stefania asked me, also rolling out her towel.

"Practically a whole bottle," I said, rolling my eyes.

"Then you can help mama," Stefania said as she put down her tote bag, pulled off her t-shirt and stepped out of her denim shorts, leaving her in a white bikini.

Vittoria and Chiara did exactly the same.

I stared at the three of them, all tall, slim, and tanned.

I decided to leave Danielle's sweater on for now, despite already feeling warm.

I rolled the sleeves up a little though so Stefania could squeeze some sunblock onto my hand. She turned away from me and I carefully rubbed it into her back, making sure not to miss anywhere.

"Grazie bella," she thanked me, now starting to do her own legs, arms and chest.

"It's warm bella, do you not want to take off your sweater?" Stefania asked once she'd finished with the sunblock.

"Or should I say Danielle's sweater?" She smirked.

"I'm good for now," I said smiling fakely, avoiding any eye contact with her.