Chapter 13

Amalia POV

I was exhausted after a full day of filming and was enjoying watching the glowing, amber sunset from the window in the hotel room.

I was staring at the bold, rich colours of the sky, completely absorbed by the gentleness of it.

"Amalia,"

"Mali,"

I came out of my trance and looked over at Danielle.

"Stefania and I are heading down to the spa, do you want to join us?" She asked kindly.

I shook my head.

"Are you sure? It might be good for you to relax?" She tried again.

"It's alright really, I'm gonna try and have a nap," I told her.

That answer seemed to work on her. The concept of me resting won her over.

"Okay sweetheart, I won't be long and I've got my phone if you need me," she smiled, walking towards the door.

The second she left, I picked up my phone, scrolling through the endless messages from my mom. They were all of the same subject so didn't bother reading each one individually.

I really didn't want to go home tomorrow.

I could stay here, sitting watching the sky forever. Part of me wished I could just become part of the sky. A sunset represents the end of a journey and the start of a new one. I wanted a new start.

I lay my head against the wall behind me and watched the stripes of colour as they got progressively darker.

Danielle POV

Danielle POV

"No Amalia?" Stefania asked as I entered the changing rooms to the spa alone.

"She's taking a nap instead," I replied, grabbing one of the robes.

"That will probably be the best thing for her," Stefania said, beginning to undress.

"Y-yeah I a-agree," I stuttered, feeling heat rise to my cheeks at the sight of her.

I turned away to give her some privacy, although I knew I could easily stand and watch her all day.

I took myself into a cubicle to change, clearly not as confident to undress in front of her.

I slipped on my bikini and fastened the belt of the spa robe around my waist. I locked my things away and rejoined Stefania, who was just tying up her long, brunette hair.

"Ready?" I smiled.

"Si bellina," she replied with a slight wink.

We entered the spa, which was surprisingly rather quiet. Only a couple of people lay around the pool on loungers.