Chapter 100

Danielle POV

We sat in my trailer for another half hour with Barrett, Jaina and Jay before walking across the set to the offices. Mali was able to say hi to some of the producers and crew before Stefania and I could tell she was starting to get overwhelmed and overstimulated. She began discreetly scratching at her skin and eyes were rapidly looking in all directions.

Stefania and I headed back towards my trailer, knowing we had to prevent Amalia from ending up in a meltdown or panic attack.

"Mali babe, I've put your swimsuit in my bag. Go put it on under your clothes and we can head straight to the beach," I told her as I unlocked the door.

She nodded, calmer already just by being in the safety of the trailer with Stef and I.

I locked the door and Stefania and I quickly began to get changed ourselves.

"Hear my love," I smiled, handing over her peach coloured bikini.

"Grazie bella," she smiled, already pulling off her jeans.

I did the same and changed to my green bikini bottoms before pulling my jeans back on. I took off my shirt and bra before kneeling down and rummaging in my bag for the matching bikini top.

"I swear I put it in," I said, just as Amalia came out of the little bathroom.

"Sorry," she said, quickly spinning around to face away.

"Mali baby you've walked in on me changing enough times now to know that I'm not bothered," I laughed, still looking in my bag.

"Mommy doesn't mind bubs," I added more softly when she still hadn't turned around.

"Ahhh gotcha!" I said, finally finding the top.

I quickly fastened it and pulled my shirt back over my head.

"Ready?" Stefania asked, collecting the few things she had together.

"Yep, Amalia? You good?" I checked.

"Yeah," she nodded, reaching for my hand.

I gave it a squeeze before the three of us headed out towards the parking lot.

"Ahh Danielle, do you have a moment?"

The three of us stopped in tracks and spun to see Janet rushing to catch up to us.

I saw Amalia take a step closer to Stefania and move to hold onto her arm.

"It's okay bambina," I heard Stefania whisper as she finally reached us.

"Hi, it's great to see you," I greeted warmly  

"So lovely to have the three of you back on set," she smiled, looking between us all.

"Have you got a minute Danielle, I won't keep you long?" She asked.

"Amalia and I can wait in the car bella?," Stefania suggested, already leading Mali away.

"Mom," Amalia said, not moving anywhere.

"5 minutes bubs, go wait with mama," I said calmly.

She nodded shakily but did as I said and let Stefania take her.

"Sorry Dani, I didn't want to upset Amalia," Janet said apologetically.

"She'll be absolutely fine, please don't worry," I assured her.

"I just have a few things to run by you before Amalia returns to set fully," she said.

"Okay sure," I nodded, not knowing where she was going.