Chapter 131

Danielle POV

"Is she nearly ready?" I asked as Stefania came into the lounge.

"She is but she's not happy about it," she replied, holding Amalia's Eeyore stuffie in her hand.

"I grabbed this just incase," Stef explained.

"Well hopefully her surprise afterwards will put her in a better mood," I sighed, resting against the side of the sofa while we waited for Amalia.

"Im sure it will bellina," Stefania smiled.

I brought my finger to my lips when I heard Amalia's bedroom door open.

"Hey little love," I said lightly when she appeared.

She walked straight over to me, gently falling against my body and hiding her face in my chest.

"I don't want to go," I heard her mumble.

"I know sunshine but you know it makes a positive difference. I wouldn't make you go if I didn't think it would help," I told her, gently running my hand up and down her back.

"Can you stay with me?" She asked, lifting her head up to look at me.

I sighed and looked over at Stefania who discreetly shook her head. She was right, we couldn't go backwards.

"Mama and I will be waiting outside," I assured her, hoping that would be enough.

"Please?" She asked, her eyes begging me.

"I'm sorry bubbie," I said, hating every part of saying no to her.

"Come on, we need to get going," I said, carefully standing up off the edge of the sofa and forcing Amalia to stop leaning against me.

"I d-dont want to," she said, looking as though she were about to cry. 

I glanced at the clock on the wall, we really had to get going.

"Bambina, I'll sit in the back with you, we can have an extra cuddle on the way," Stefania suggested, holding her hand out to Mali.

Nodding in agreement, Amalia moved to go take hold of Stef's hand.

"Good girl Amalia," I smiled, knowing how hard she was trying.

The three of us got into the car, Stefania sitting in the back with Amalia in the middle seat so she cuddle settle against Stef.

"Look what mama brought," I heard Stefania say as I reversed out of the driveway.

I glanced in the mirror and saw her hand Eeyore over to Amalia who took it and held it close to her chest.

Stefania moved her arm around Amalia's shoulders, Amalia turning slightly to cuddle into Stef.

It didn't take long to drive to Carla's office but the second I pulled into a parking space, Amalia freaked.

"No mommy please drive home. Drive home mommy,"

"I don't want to go,"

"Please mommy. Mama tell her to go home,"

"Mama,"

Amalia pulled on Stefania's arm, trying to get her to do as she was asking.

"Bambina no," Stef said firmly.

"Bambina you need to take a big breath," she instructed.

"Amalia sweetheart, this isn't anything new. You've been here before, you've had lots of sessions with Carla and you know she's safe," I explained calmly.