Chapter 85

Danielle POV

I couldn't breathe.

They'd found her.

But I still couldn't breathe.

We didn't have one single piece of information other than knowing the police had our baby girl.

We didn't know if she was hurt.

We didn't know what state Amalia was going to be in.

Nobody spoke as we made our way to the police station. My mom was driving as there was no way Stefania or I could drive safely right now.

"It's a good thing si?" Stefania said, her voice shaking.

I turned to look at her from the front passenger seat.

"I mean that she's at the police station and not the hospital. That's got to be a good thing?" She said, explaining her thought process.

"I think so," I agreed, not wanting to think the worst but inevitably having those thoughts cross my mind.

The second my mom parked the car, Stefania and I jumped out and rushed towards the main entrance of the station. We made our way straight to the front desk.

"We're here for Amalia," I said quickly.

"You have our daughter. You found her," I did urgently.

The officer as the desk looked between Stefania and I and seeing our panicked state made an attempt to calm us.

"Miss, I will call the detective Brown whose been in charge of the case. She'll come get you," he said calmly.

"Please take a seat," he added when Stefania and I simple stared at him.

"Where is she? She is here right?" I asked Stefania and my mom when the officer picked up his phone.

I ran my hands through my hair and began pacing.

"I don't know what's going on," I sighed in frustration.

I felt Stefania take hold of me, pulling me tightly into her body. I melted into her, breathed in her perfume and felt my shoulders relax slightly.

"She's here. She's here bellina," Stef whispered gently, softly adding a kiss to my head.

"Miss Savre? Miss Spampinato?"

My stomach knotted. My breath got caught in my throat. Stefania released her hold of me as we both turned to face Detective Brown.

"Please come with me," she said with a soft smile.

The three of us made our way into a small meeting room.

"Where's Amalia? Is our girl okay?" I asked, unable to remain quiet.

"Please we need to know what's happening. We haven't been told anything?" Stefania added, almost pleading with the detective.

She nodded understandingly and gestures to the chairs around the table. We sat down, Stefania's knees bouncing up and down as she struggled to remain still.

Another woman then entered the room, introducing herself as Joanne, a social worker.

"Amalia is here," the detective began once Joanne sat down.

"Is she okay? Is she hurt?" I asked, needing some answers.

"She doesn't appear to need any urgent medical attention but she's refused to let anybody near her at all. She's currently with one of our community support officers," Detective Brown explained.