Chapter 122

Danielle POV

"Look how cute this one is?" I said, showing Stefania my phone with yet another picture I'd taken earlier of Amalia.

"Ahh I love that one, send me that please bellina," she smiled, quickly finishing her espresso before rinsing the small mug in the sink

"Are you ready to go?" I asked, double checking I had all the documents we needed.

"Si, let me just fill Jeff's water bowl," she smiled.

I locked the backdoor and grabbed my keys from the side before the two of us met at the front door. Stefania reached to pull it open as I reached my hand out to stop her. She looked at me, some confusion across her face.

"What's wrong bella?"

"Are you ready to legally become a mama?" I smirked, although we both knew she became Amalia's mama ages ago.

"Si, I want my name on that paper," she smiled, her eyes full of love and looking toward the folder containing Amalia's current legal guardianship.

"Then let's go my love," I grinned, leaning in and kissing her, the smiles not leaving our faces.

"How do you think Amalia's doing?" I asked as we both got into my car.

"Bella she's been gone half an hour. Now I know where the bambina gets it," Stefania laughed lightly, fastening her seatbelt.

"That doesn't answer my question," I smirked, knowing Stefania was right.

"She'll be doing fine Danielle. But I'll message her now to check in," Stefania said, taking out her phone.

"You dying to know too," I chuckled, watching her send a Selfie to Mali.

"Maybe," she said coyly.

"I can't believe Amalia is going to have both our names and officially have Cora as her middle,"

"Do you think she'll mind us doing it as a surprise and not talking to her first?" Stefania asked with a small frown.

"I don't think so. She's mentioned it a few times now. Remember when she came back to work and saw her name on my trailer. She said she didn't like the Jones part," I reminded her.

"Poor chicken," Stefania sighed.

"She'll be a  Savre-Spampinato before either of us," I laughed before suddenly realising what I'd said.

"I mean not that.."

"We don't,."

"I didn't mean.."

"Bambina stop," Stefania laughed, reaching across to rest her hand on my thigh as I drove.

"I'm sorry," I chuckled awkwardly.

"Don't be sorry bella. I like the sound of us all having the same last name," Stefania said softly.

"Yeah?" I asked, feeling relieved.